ALCS 2021

Oooo, thanks for the reminder. Heading to the kitchen to make mine now! Yum! You’re welcome, Urquidy!

That’s awful.

Get outta my head.

Fact is, there is one game tonight. The Astros offense is rolling. The defense is performing great. The bullpen is playing up. And, Urquidy, who I have been most excited to see/pitch so far this series is on the bump. Things are looking good for tonight. Which is all anyone anywhere should be focused on in baseball playoffs. Play the game tonight. Win the game tonight. I feel great about the game tonight. Focus on tomorrow, tomorrow.

2 Likes

Think I’ll stop by HEB on the way home to grab stuff to make my own as well.

I think part of it, at least for me, is I expected the team to get to the CS and that be that. Winning game one makes that confusing, because I definitely think we can win the series at this point, but at the same time I’m fully aware of the fact that the starting pitching is a dumpster fire and our bullpen is stretched thinner than Frank Thomas’s underwear.

2 Likes

Not for me.

We’ve got the best offensive crew left and the shakiest pitching scenario.

2 games, starters have combined for 3.2 IP.

On the other hand, It’s 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it’s dark… and we’re wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

2 Likes

For me it’s this, I fully expect the rest of this series to come down to which manager pulls the right strings in the bullpen. And that absolutely terrifies me. If I’m right then Cora will likely run circles around Dusty and we have very little chance of winning. I hope I’m wrong. Maybe Urquidy pitches great tonight and goes 7 and you get 5 or 6 from Valdez and Odorizzi in games 5 and 6 and find a way to win 3 of the next 5.

1 Like

Fix the cigarette lighter.

If you don’t have time to make your own, this is a much better substitute than canned - in the refrigerated section near hot dogs and sausage links.

Me too, but he managed it well in game 2.

He did in Game 1 as well. Which just goes to show that fucking up pitching changes doesn’t have to happen with him.

1 Like

It’s my go-to. That stuff is great!

This should provide plenty of fodder for Boston conspiracy theorists:

Boo

Conspiracy against who?

I’ve heard a few folks (notably Bill Simmons) claim Garcia wasn’t hurt and that it was just a move to stall for time.

Cheatin Astros. If they hadn’t pulled that garbage, the wicked Sox woulda hit 3 grand slams!

He was at least psychologically damaged.

Bob Ryan was less coherent than TLR on the matter.