ALCS 2021

So was I.

Well, if he was not, I was.

Did us a lot of good.

I hope with everything in me that Dusty gets the magic touch and we ride it all the way to title town but I fear it’s more blind squirrel finding a nut than anything else.

That is the ultimate plot.

Hey, let’s screw up our game 4 starter by getting him in today.

How the hell can we pull that off?

Let’s tell Luis to suck balls in the first, then throw 4 straight balls to the leadoff hitter in the second.

Then we’ll claim he’s injured so that Jake can take as long as he needs.

So what will be the total delay?

Let’s aim for a whopping 14 minutes from the time Luis walks off the mound.

Perfect.

1 Like

Maybe. But he puts the right guys in the right spot in Game 1. Perhaps that was an accident, or perhaps he’s getting advice. Whatever it is, it’s not complicated, so hopefully it will continue.

Regular season decisions have been made in the context of who is rested and who needs work.

I think we and Dusty/Strom know who can do what.

The question is, will they execute?

3.2 innings from your starters in 2 games. Series tied. I’ll take it.

1 Like

That’s not sustainable. Urquidy needs to go deep tonight.

1 Like

Crazy like a fox, that Dusty is.

1 Like

Lost in all the Who Gives a Fuck idiocy about it was the fact that Odo gave up a grand slam about 10 minutes after his too long for Boston warm up was done.

Take the W, you stupid fucks.

4 Likes

Hard to imagine that Urquidy can be sharp after a long layoff. A ray of sunshine is that Rodriguez is coming off two poor starts. Astros probably need to score at least six to be in the game.

Why has it been so long since we’ve seen Urquidy? I don’t recall him being injured.

Here’s hoping that Siri is our #8 hitter Randy Soto.

I am ok with starting him tonight because Chas and Meyers (when healthy) are both game-ready but Siri is on the playoff roster and iirc hasn’t seen a pitch. His OPS vs LHP is 1.078 this season (yes, a small sample size) but he had an OPS of .957 vs LHP in 58 gms for Sugar Land. I know he is more likely to strike out than others in the lineup but I’ll take that risk with the upside of his power vs lefties and his athleticism in the field and on the bases.

The exact difference in the game. Gifted.

4th starters have are in a tough spot come postseason time.

Sam Malone was the only Red Sox ever worth a good god damn.

1 Like

Because the rainout in Chicago allowed the Astros to start McCullers on normal rest in game 4, and the Astros won the series that day.

We faced Rodriguez in Boston back on June 10th. He lasted 4.2 innings and gave up 6 hits 6 runs 3 BB and 5 Ks

I felt like the lineup continued to try and grind throughout the game but what we need is a reasonable start by Greinke today 1-2 runs over 3 innings that will allow our lineup to face a pitcher that’s actually pitching with a little pressure…which might lead to some mistakes that the Good Guys can capitalize on.

Some hard hit outs.

And double play balls.

Just can’t keep coming out of the early going down a touchdown.