ALCS 2021

Without McCullers or Greinke, you have it has to be Valdez, Garcia, Urquidy, and Odorizzi…doesn’t it? Do you start Javier? Bielak? I’m not liking the options now, except perhaps you can work a bullpen game with Javier/Greinke/Wholestaff

I would start Javier.

3 Likes

I thought I was crazy for thinking so.

Piggy back Javier with Greinke.

If they could get to/thru the 6th with 4 or fewer runs I’d take it.

1 Like

Yimi/Maton will be even more important.

Raley (and/or Taylor) too.

Greinke has been in the league nearly 18 years. I’d trust him “not stretched out” more than some of the other starter options we have right now. Surely he could get us 5 or 6 innings.

He probably could work 5 or 6 innings, but it might not be pretty. In his last three starts, he’s gone a total of 13 innings while giving up 19 runs.

4 Likes

Reddick has attended more Astros games than JV has.

1 Like

Just like 2017. Hope the Astros’ offense pounds him like they did that day.

https://twitter.com/michaelschwab13/status/1448762143600521224?s=21

This place is a ghost town. Hard to believe there is an Astros postseason game starting in less than 5 hours.

I’m recovering from frito pie. I’m doing my part.

2 Likes

This has been a weirdly hard season. The team has been great, but it’s never been consistently good, if that makes sense. There’s always some weird-ass thing going on that makes makes me think the whole thing is about to collapse. I can’t remember a time when the GameZone, for instance, has been so negative. It almost feels like induced dread coming to the surface.

2 Likes

This should get things going: