Aches Pains & Muscle Strains 2023

At least Larry Yount could say he took the mound in a MLB game. I have given up on Whitley ever doing that.

Awful and ridiculous, imo.

It’s not unreasonable - Whitley is out of options after this year, I believe.

I was talking about Whitley, not a post. He was near being called up but now this.

1 Like

Gotcha. I feel bad for his injuries but he was responsible for not making it in the first place.

1 Like

I don’t think we’ll ever see much out of Whitley or McCullers for that matter ever again unfortunately.

Altuve sits again today, so I guess they’re being extra careful with him?

Update: Altuve is “day to day with a right oblique ailment”

Which, at least it’s not discomfort

Altuve still out today

It sounds like the Astros are targeting Wednesday for his return.

From McTaggart’s Twitter account: Dusty Baker said Jose Altuve is “doing a lot better.” He’s “not sure” if he will play Tuesday but “more than likely Wednesday.”

2 Likes

The Ticket Breaking Rangers News: Evan Grant says P Jacob DeGrom to have Tommy John surgery. Out for season Txt STOP to opt-out

Wow, what a disaster of a contract that is shaping up to be.

I just read the Rangers decided not to insure the contract. Policy too expensive

Rangers have the second best record in the majors without deGrom. How they finish the season without him remains to be seen. Hiring Bochy was a great move.

2 Likes

Here’s hoping the transplanted Washington Senators/arlington mouth-breathers, along with their shit-talking, fair weather fan base fail miserably.

Aside from that one big exception, they’ve been quite healthy.

I predict they will continue to bludgeon opposing teams senseless for the remainder of the season as they mash their way to 100 wins. Goodness, they have an impressive lineup.

One of my favorite playoff matchups is great hitting vs. great pitching. We all know how that usually turns out.

You know that catch where Judge crashed into the fence? Kyle Tucker makes that catch without touching the fence.

2 Likes

Per Chandler Rome, LMJ has experienced a setback and will get an MRI tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/Chandler_Rome/status/1666920075343937537

Prepare your anuses.