Aches Pains & Muscle Strains 2022

Cross reference to the Ex Astros thread:

2 Likes

Wow, what a game to go see. I wish I was in TX on Tuesday.

I’m growing more skeptical about his return.

1 Like

No runs allowed by LMJ at Constellation Field tonight in the first 3 frames with 2 groundball singles, 1 BB, 5 Ks, 2 flyouts, 2 groundouts.

But the 4th inning got a bit messy: walk, groundout, walk, bloop single off the bat of Nick Tanielu. Removed from the game at that point.

Final line: 3.1 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 BB, 5 K. 76 pitches, 43 strikes. Velocity reportedly topped out at 94.9 MPH.

Meanwhile Dallas Keuchel blanked the Space Cowboys thru 4 innings. Removed after facing 2 batters in the 5th. Final line: 4.1 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 3 BB, 5 K.

ain’t no thing if you ain’t got that swing

Keuchel vs LMJ rematch on Sunday at Constellation Field.

1 Like

That seems bad.

Sounds like he was lucky it was not much worse

Never seen this before

I’m exactly that athletic.

1 Like

I believe that’s GM-speak for “he done”…

Put him on the 60-day and sign Marisnick?

3 Likes

If Brantley can’t go might as well get that good glove on board.

We’d have to be sure to hose the FTC/Stem stink off before we let him sit on the furniture though.

1 Like

The Two Jakes somehow has a familiar ring to it.

On a more serious note, –>IF<– Marisnick is healed from the big toe sprain or soon will be I don’t know why you wouldn’t take a flyer on him.

1 Like

McCullers tonight: 5 IP, 7 H (including a pair of doubles and a pair of homers), 3 R, 3 BB, 5 K. 87 pitches, 51 strikes.

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1556445785377701891?s=20&t=JIKK69VynDoptNRyFJsr-w

The Chron reported the other day that his velocity was down significantly in his outing Sunday night so this will be an interesting decision as to whether to activate now or send him back out for at least one more rehab start…