Aches Pains & Muscle Strains 2022

Might want to start focusing more on an OF bat:

Was there an update on Altuve after the game last night?

Sort of:

https://twitter.com/JuliaMorales/status/1547793494025990147?t=YX2DuaG1Qnif8vIuIh_Mzg&s=09

ETA:

“He’s going to be sore,” Baker said. “[The pitch] hit him close to the bone on the side of the knee. I’m just hoping he’ll be OK for Saturday and Sunday.”

Parker Mushinski with his 5th rehab outing tonight: 2 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K.

Over all 5 appearances: 4 IP, 6 H, 7 ER, 2 HBP, 6 BB, 5 K.

Altuve back at 2B today.

Why did he skip ASG?

The knee he got hit on is still bothering him.

But he can play now? Guess he wants the rest.

I think this is it. He will play for his team, but wants the days off. Understandable.

Yes, rest is the stated reason. He was excited about going because Miggy was going to be honored there.

If my understanding and math are correct, this means he will need to be activated and put on the 26 man roster Sunday August 21st in Atlanta.with 40 games remaining in the season.

If that’s the case, it would give him 6-8 starts, which should be enough to decide if he makes a totally hypothetical post season roster.

My my math

If his last rehab start is 20th and they give him 5 days of rest between starts, he will get 7 of them on top of 5 rehab starts.

That feels like plenty.

Has anyone seen anything on Meyers? Looked like he might’ve hurt/tweaked his shoulder on a diving attempt in the last game or two before the break. Hoping no news is good news.

Neither of those sound like we’ll see either of those guys anytime soon.

Especially not Castro.

Yeah, that had more of a “he’s mulling over retirement” vibe.