Aches Pains & Muscle Strains 2022

We it sucks but this is a long season and players get nicked up.

It happens.

Perfect time for it, if it had to happen.

7 games against Oakland and Angels then the break and a big division lead.

I guess it answers the HR derby question, doesn’t it

I hope they bring up Taylor Jones but it will probably be Siri who is always fun.

Edit: its Siri.

It sucks for the team, but it also sucks for him personally that he’ll miss out on his first ASG.

1 Like

If he’s up to traveling, they can still announce him at the game and he can participate in all the “stuff” besides the derby and game. That would be a great experience.

4 Likes

That would be very cool for him.

Stros have said they want him back for the Yankee DH Thursday, so they might want him to stay in Houston for rehab purposes.

I am Jack’s complete lack of surprise.

Right shoulder inflammation is the early word on Whitley.

Rooting for him

1 Like

SMH

The dude ain’t very tough.

McCullers threw two sim innings yesterday with no problems. It was his second set of sim innings as he threw two on July 8. He will do it again on Saturday.

1 Like

It seems like he is making slow but steady progress.

Great news.

Fortunately the season is 6 months long but that feels like it may not be enough.

I completely understand and agree that they need to take it slowly especially with his injury history and financial commitment.

It would be harder if the other 6 starters weren’t pitching so well.

Selfishly, I just miss watching him pitch.

Anyone have an idea when he would need to start a rehab to reasonably be available for the playoffs?

Since they continue to use a starters routine days between throwing, I assume when/if he returns the plan is still to put him in the rotation.

May not be a good assumption.

Good update on Yordan via Julia on the broadcast. He’s working out, hand is doing better, hasn’t started swinging yet.

Strasburg to 60-day IL.

Is his career over?

I wouldn’t call him a bust, after all he led the league in Ks 1 year and 3 time all star and 3 time top 10 in CY voting.

32.3 bWAR

But somehow that feels disappointing.

1 Like

Don’t forget a WS MVP.

Well I can’t forget it now.

3 Likes