Aches Pains & Muscle Strains 2022

There is no good choice.

Without an injury or trade some undeserving pitcher(s) will be sent down.

I was just basing my list on who the team appears to trust in various leverage situations.

Abreu appears to be ahead of Martinez in the pecking order.

Chron reports Odorizzi will start Monday’s game, bumping JV to Thursday.

Because he has seniority, no doubt. They are working Martinez in. I think Martinez has great stuff which is made even better by his arm slot.

1 Like

Paredes sent back down.

He’d better keep a bag packed.

We’ll see him again when the next injury happens.

Big question now is whether Jake O will return to the aggressive form he had when he was hurt.

1 Like

Have they said what they are going to do with the rotation now that Odorizzi is back? Five man, six man or someone back to the bullpen??

6 man until the all star break.

2 Likes

I like it

No doubt I miss nuances learned from long baseball experience. Not knowing stuff does not make one stupid. Not an athlete, never have claimed to be more than a fan that loves (what I know) of the game. But I love learning…

After I made light of Thomas of “having a home,” I did begin to wonder if might have been better if he had the chance to pull a “Siri” as a free agent. That being unclaimed nix necessarily = no interest.

I am glad @VirtualBob pushed back and you clarified your initial Meyers/McCormick comparisons.

It has been easy for me to pull for Chas the underdog:

• Milersville College - 21 round pick/630 prior picks/$1,000 signing “bonus” vs
  • Nebraska - 13 pick/390 prior picks/$175,000 signing bonus.

Also pulling for Jake’s comeback, w/ less dives like this & more like this!

Bob did not push back anything. He asked me to define “same player,” which I did.

I never said you were stupid. I think you are a dumbass, and your Captain Obvious posts are irrelevant to the discussion almost all of the time. If you are here to learn, be quiet and read.

1 Like

#clueless

Mushinski rehabbing with Sugar Land tonight.

Can’t say I got the warm and fuzzies from reading both players’ comments about when they might return…

Hidden

Castro said the Astros are still trying to ascertain whether his knee ailment is muscular or joint-related, though he said the injury was a new issue and not something that has bothered him in the past. Castro said rehab has focused on rebuilding strength in his knee and that it is “too early to tell” when he might be reactivated.

Baker has described Brantley’s shoulder as being “slow to respond” and said the Astros are determined not to rush Brantley, but the outfielder himself remains tight-lipped on the nature of his injury. Asked on Friday when he might begin a minor-league rehab assignment, Brantley responded, “We’ll find out together, won’t we?”

On a separate note, Parker Mushinski will make a second rehab appearance tonight for Sugar Land.

Well, shit.

I didn’t like the way he was looking at his hand yesterday after some of those swings.

Hamate bone injury?

Maybe, but it looked to me that he was more concerned about the thumb area. But I may be completely off base.

Rats