Aches and Pains 2024

…….

Justin Verlander and Luis Garcia are both set to throw bullpen sessions [today] in Houston, Joe Espada said. Verlander is tentative for 20-25 pitches again. Garcia will be off a mound for the first time since his last rehab start July 4.

https://x.com/matthewkawahara/status/1814453209391620391

Will they be ready for Spring Training?

2 Likes

Magic 8 Ball says: “ask again later”

Yes, but you didn’t specify which Spring Training.

3 Likes

Caratini set to rejoin the Astros Monday in Oakland.

4 Likes

Tucker has already missed forty games with a bruised shin. There has been no announced schedule for a rehab assignment and he has yet to take BP on the field or run bases. At this rate of recovery, a September return is not out of the question.

That was one helluva bruise.

2 Likes

At this rate, a 2026 return is not out of the question.

Let’s hope that return is with Houston.

It almost certainly was a hairline fracture.

1 Like

I’m starting to think there’s a bone showing.

1 Like

I remember reading a post weeks ago in another forum of a guy who had a situation similar to Tucker. He said he was diagnosed with a bone bruise but the bruise was so deep and pronounced that the doctor said it would be a quicker(and more consistent) recovery if it had been a break or fracture. The doctor said “you could be fine in a few weeks but more likely, months.” The guy said it was 6 months before he didn’t feel pain.

1 Like

There’s not much difference between the two

Isn’t this the exact injury that did for Yelich?

Verlander is facing live hitters today instead of just doing a bullpen. Feels like good news

7 Likes

Great news!

Tucker transferred to the 60-day, doesn’t really change anything other than opening up a 40-man spot for Leon.

And he can’t return until next week lol

Like that was an option

I’m going to need proof of life. I need Tucker holding today’s newspaper.

3 Likes