Aches and Pains 2024

He is basically retired.

1 Like

Activity discomfort.

4 Likes

The latest, per Rome (yesterday, apparently)

Astros GM Dana Brown told the team’s pregame radio show that Lance McCullers Jr. received “his second opinion.” Brown said “we just have to let time heal and we can’t push him.” Brown again broached the possibility that McCullers could contribute “out of our bullpen in September”

https://x.com/chandler_rome/status/1812549055697891444?s=46&t=X3AG1fkSceS-5Ge7ZBEz-A

Nonsense

1 Like

shrugs

Hope springs eternal?

McCullers stretches that fond but faint hope to the breaking point. I think he has as much chance of pitching again as JR Richard.

2 Likes

This time is springs a turtle. No chance for Lance.

1 Like

Garcia pulled from rehab start.

Dammit!

All I can do is laugh

I am shocked.

The Astros’ medical and training staff have not impressed. I’m obviously not qualified to judge, but it seems to take a long time for injured players to return to the lineup.

2 Likes

“I’m not qualified but here goes”

3 Likes

I have WebMD.

Checkmate.

3 Likes

Does that qualify as a qualified not qualified statement?

1 Like

One of the co-creators of WebMD is a dear friend of mine. She says on a regular basis that she is proud of it but parts of her wish it had never been made.

5 Likes

I joked to my doctor that I self-diagnosed because I had the internet. He laughed and said “you know, sometimes I wish people would do a little of that because half the shit that’s wrong with people will clear up on its own in a day or two. But then if they looked, they’d panic and think they have every disease known to mankind and I’d have to deal with that."

3 Likes

Exactly why I do not research ailments and/or symptoms.

3 Likes

Is this Cabrerra’d? per Chandler on twitter:

The Astros returned Luis Garcia from his rehab assignment. It’s a procedural move. Pitchers can only spend a maximum of 30 days on a rehab assignment. With Garcia’s rehab stalled, the Astros ended this assignment and can send him on another — restarting the 30-day window

It’s the stuff internet boards are made of.

2 Likes