2024 Summer Olympics

It’s like giving a younger generation a chance instead of automatically deferring to the old guard can be hugely beneficial. Who knew?

1 Like

Naeher was great today. Totally agree about Horan.

1 Like

From now on, I only refer to him as Mal’s husband. Put the respect on the gold medalist.

2 Likes

High Jumping is so amazing.

Morrissey wins the gold in the 5000 meter race.

And heaven knows they’re miserable now.

3 Likes

The challenge, the court said, had come too late under the rules of competition. Inquiries must be submitted within one minute of an athlete’s score being posted, and the court said Chiles’ coach submitted her inquiry four seconds past the minute mark.

Well, if you give a guy 4 seconds, then the next guy will want five, and the next thing you know cows are fucking horses.

1 Like

Watching the highlights of the women’s soccer final; Swanson has turn of pace like she’s got afterburners. Her boots must be made by Rolls Royce.

This was almost the identical team that lost in the World Cup, except switch out Swanson for Morgan (that was the biggest upgrade). The other differences would be Ertz at CB (but the defense was even better at the WC vs this Olympics) and then Sullivan/Albert which is a wash. There wasn’t some huge generational change from the World Cup to this Olympics, imo.

Smith, Rodman, Lavelle, Horan, Girma, Fox, Dunn, Naehar played massive roles for both teams.

The biggest difference is the coach.

1 Like

Emma Hayes gave an emotional post game interview and alluded to how America made her.

I had not been following the team close enough to know what she meant. Learned that she started her coaching career with youth soccer in the US and considers herself to be born in England, but made in America.

1 Like

Why are there two dicks in the center jump circle?

Obligatory:

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together…mass hysteria!

Apparently there are no fouls and no traveling in Olympic basketball

Fun first half. Don’t think I’ve ever seen LeBron get posterized before.

1 Like

Man, US women’s 4x400 relay annihilated the field. Camera couldn’t keep the battle for silver and bronze in the same frame as the US.

2 Likes

I was really hoping Ireland would hang on for a medal, so close

1 Like

I counted a 4 second interval.

Amazing.

Curry. Holy shit

ETA: HOLY SHIT

1 Like

Steph Curry is the all time best shot maker.

1 Like