2023 Roster

Until Gurriel signs somewhere, I am not interested in anyone not named Yuli.

6 Likes

Right there with you. Just hope he is up for it.

3 Likes

I tend to think that if no team offers him a starting gig and he comes back to the Astros in a super-utility role, he’ll be the consummate professional about it.

5 Likes

I haven’t seen any substantive update from his game 6 injury. It didn’t seem like a big deal at the time, but I haven’t seen any reports one way or the other about if that’s having some sort of affect on his marketability. Anyone else?

Sodawater rhubarb.

Says Dusty + some on coaching staff pushing for the signing of Chad Pinder as a bench bat. Has mostly played the OF but also some infield on his resume. Righty hitter. His stat line in '22 (.235/.263/.385) was below his career numbers (.242/.294/.417). Comes with a ton of Ks (31% last year). Also problematic is like Dubon he’s out of minor league options.

I have liked what I’ve seen from Pinder in the past when we have played them. He has pop and has played all over the diamond. I think he’s even played some SS at times but could be wrong on that.

Just 28 starts at the position over 7 seasons. And 21 of those came in 2016/2017.

Ok, so probably corner IF/OF at this point. Thanks.

1 Like

I don’t run the show, but I don’t want any part of someone who strikes out that much, with the exception of a catcher, like Maldonado, who brings other things to the table. It’s kind of the opposite of how we have done things during this run. Just my opinion, which means shit I know.

6 Likes

I do not think Pinder can do anything Yuli cannot do.

5 Likes

Pinder to Cincinnati.

I was hoping that maybe Pinder’s name was being dropped with the idea of applying a little pressure to Yuli’s camp.

Pinder signed with the Reds today. Oops scooped above.

The whooshing sound was my sigh of relief.

4 Likes
4 Likes

I think I would be a little hesitant also, about saying anything, he just got here.

Numbers at Salt Lake City in 2022 for the 30 year old: 36.1 IP, 38 H, 23 BB, 30 K.

That sounds like a very long shot to make the roster.

Since 2008 ( last 15 yrs) the Astros have used at least 21 pitchers and averaged 24 per season.

Another MLB experienced arm in AAA can’t hurt.

2 Likes