2023 Roster

I think Muncy was acquired by LA the same way. You never know.

I do not understand this at all. I was confident Crane would want him back, both for the bat he showed in the postseason and for his considerable worth in the clubhouse. It seems obvious to me no one wants him as a starter, but maybe reality toward the end is hard for Cubans too.

3 Likes

I really have no idea if the Astros (or any other team) has any interest.

It may be that Yuli wants an opportunity with a higher likelihood of regular playing time.

It may be that he is waiting until a team has/gets a hole and needs him.

My opinion is that with Abreu, Yordan, and Brantley (who has incentives tied to PA and highly respected) Yuli probably does not see much opportunity to get on the field.

It looks to me like he would need to be the backup 1B, 2B, and 3B and it would be him or Hensley. 20 games at each position is roughly 200 PA.

With chances to DH and PH. And I’m sure he could fill in without being a liability in LF if needed as well.

Thats reasonable as well.

There is also always the chance of injury, especially with Altuve, Abreu, and Brantley getting more advanced in age.

I love the idea of Yuli returning. He has been a great part of the past 6 years.

Its not a perfect world though and I think him returning would take away a significant role from Hensley.

I am not one of those who think Hensley is proven or has earned anything but I think he has potential and would like to see him get a chance.

Regardless of if he’s earned anything, at some point the younger guys in AAA need to get their chance to contribute or move on for the next person. The window is still open, but every year the roster gets a little older and it slides a little more closed.

3 Likes

If the decision is Yuli or Hensley, for now I take Yuli and put Hensley in AAA to see if Yuli hits. If they choose Hensley, I’ll understand but be very sad.

All of that is moot if Yuli wants to be a regular 1B, and I doubt he will find that.

4 Likes

Is Diaz still under club control?

Aledmys? He’s an A.

1 Like

Aledmys signed with Oakland earlier in free agency.

1 Like

I guess I slept through that.

This, so very much this.

The broadcast roster returns.

16 Likes

Hooray for this!

6 Likes

About f’n time!!!

1 Like
9 Likes

You got your wish re Cubs and Hosmer. They took him.

1 Like

I was slightly concerned when Blum ended his last podcast with “someone give me a job”

FWIW, says a lefty reliever and a lefty utility guy are next on the agenda.

Will Smith still is unsigned. I guess that answers the Yuli questions if accurate.