2023 Dead Pool

Someone was trolling him with giving him that last name.

Dwight Twilley, 72.

Iā€™m a Dwight Twilley fan going way back. Never understood why he wasnā€™t a bigger seller/hit maker.

2 Likes

This is my favorite example of this theme:

3 Likes

The horrors of addiction in full display.
Makes you really strive to live a healthy life.

1 Like

So true. Yet one made great music and the other fucked A-Rod and makes shit music.

1 Like

Having been born the same week as Taylor Swift, I take great exception to that.

Deal with it, grandpa.

1 Like

Get the fuck off my lawn.

On the one hand, thatā€™s where a steady diet of speedballs, LSD, and cheeseburgers can lead. On the other hand, it was probably a great ride.

3 Likes

A Beautiful Ride

1 Like

Thereā€™s an unfortunate lack of clouds at the moment, may have to yell at the grass

1 Like

Itā€™s so true. Horrors that make smoking craters across people and even generations. Iā€™m close to a lot of them and even though they all know how bad it is, can be, whatever, there is always room for the gallows humor that asks how, without it, would we get Eric Claptonā€™s best music, or any of an uncounted number of other examples? Itā€™s not a question with an answer, and itā€™s not a joke told lightly, but through that lens we get all kinds of things. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OENxLKNbpaw&ab_channel=VjeranStojanac

2 Likes

Better to burn out than to fade away?

1 Like

Having aged beyond the ā€œburn outā€ option, I would say no. However, Iā€™m not willing to judge Garciaā€™s life based on length or anything else. Who am I to say?

Donā€™t lose your head over it.

Jazz pianist, Carla Bley 87

My, my, hey hey

Absolute legend. A survivor of the Munich air crash, he went on to win the World Cup with England and innumerable trophies with Manchester United.

As a kid, he used to practice lamping the ball as hard as possible at a goal painted on a brick wall. He turned both feet into total hammers.

1 Like

Pete Ladd