2023 Dead Pool

MLB should always have at least one knuckleballer in somebody’s rotation

4 Likes

That guy devolved into a shitbag.

1 Like

I think he was always a shitbag, it’s what got him traded out of Houston

5 Likes

Yeah, for a while he was able to hide it from the public with PR management, but you can’t keep it hidden forever.

3 Likes

Legend of the Bloody Sock

And still, his total shitbaggery is probably the one thing keeping him out of the HOF

Was that part of it? I always thought it was just underperforming, or they liked someone else better.

He was underperforming because he had a shitty attitude. He acknowledges this.

4 Likes

I’m gonna flip the script here and inject a little sunlight: grandchild #3, a son, was born to my youngest daughter this morning. Everybody’s great. He’ll probably grow up a Twins fan, but that’s ok.

16 Likes

Congrats!

2 Likes

Not to put a damper on that wonderful news, but Jim Caple passed. He was 61.

NFL All-pro TE Russ Francis died in a plane crash.

1 Like

ALS. Awful

2 Likes

There is a female reporter that appears occasionally on the MLB Network, Sara Langs, that has that awful disease. To the best of my knowledge she is still working some.

She is. She still appears regularly on the Baseball Tonight podcast.

2 Likes

Very active on twitter as well. Her case is heartbreaking but I’m so happy she gets to do what she loves. She seems to enjoy baseball more than anyone else on the planet.

7 Likes

Did not know this until recently but apparently ALS is hereditary. Chris Snow an assistant GM for the Calgary Flames recently died of the disease. It had already killed his father, two uncles and a cousin.

Most cases are sporadic, but there is a hereditary variant.

Mrs Hawk’s mother had three sisters all die from ALS.

1 Like

This is fucking horrible.

1 Like

E-60 did a piece on him which was superb.
Sorry to hear of his death.