2023 Dead Pool

Many nights there.

What other places did you hit up? I’ve got a bunch (I haven’t been out in Houston for 20 years or so, so help me reminisce) of quasi-memories

Oh, wow, I had forgotten about those guys. I’m going to have to break out those CD’s.

1 Like

Eh, I wasn’t much of a clubber. Just mentioned the Satellite because my wife and her friends would go to just about every UA show because they thought Bob Schneider was hot. (They probably still do.)

Ha, I ended up at a bunch of Bob Schneider and Scabs shows for the same reason.

The Scabs were great. I loved the Groovin’ Horns. Bob’s a pretty talented guy for being so good looking. It ain’t fair, really.

1 Like

Not to mention a hell of a nice guy.

Roger Whittaker on of the greatest whistlers of all time.

Definitely one of those that you’re shocked that he died because you’re shocked he’s still alive.

David McCallum, famous for playing Illya Kuryakin in, The Man From U.N.C.L.E.

3 Likes

I always liked him because he made my forehead look small.

2 Likes

Also “The Invisible Man” TV show.

Holy Shit! I had completely forgotten about “Sapphire and Steel”!

Brooks Robinson.

3 Likes

One of my staff gifted me a Brooks Robinson autographed baseball. She worked for the Shapiros while she was she was in college. One day Robinson was in the office and signed a baseball for everyone in the office.
One of my favorite staff gifts ever.

5 Likes

He was the player I most wanted to be like when I was a kid. He seemed like a magician at 3rd.

6 Likes

He was my next door neighbor’s favorite too. He was the only kid in our group that rooted for the O’s over the Reds in the 1970 World Series. Brooks was, of course, the MVP of that series.

Sir Michael Gambon

Loved him in Open Range.

Good westerns are a rarity the past 30 years.

3 Likes

Gambon was good in just about everything he did. Terrific actor.

He was really good in a British TV movie called “Longitude” (based on a great book of the same name), where he played John Harrison in the quest to win the Longitude Prize.

4 Likes

My favorite scene of his in a very underrated crime flick

1 Like

Senator Dianne Feinstein