2023 Dead Pool

Gary Wright, 80.

1 Like

He, along with Edgar Winter, popularized the Keytar. He was a pretty good singer too.

1 Like

Got to see him with Ringo’s band about a decade ago. Edgar was with them as well. It was a lot of fun.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/PaulMcCartney/status/1698053869656236125?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1698053869656236125|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=

I don’t know the X or how anything works, but that’s pretty badass

6 Likes

Sir Paul is a class act.

3 Likes

Beautiful tribute.

3 Likes

This was a better song than Dream Weaver

2 Likes

Shit. We just lost Charlie Robison.

https://x.com/galleywinter/status/1700987202094993799?s=61&t=v80u_yJ15DPUcpgFVeEI8g

1 Like

Oh damn. He had throat problems and retired from performing a few years ago. I got to know him in SA, through my cousins, he was an incredibly friendly, funny, down to earth guy. Wrote some damn good songs too.

Oh hell. That’s a punch in the nuts.

He was back touring. Had a show a scheduled at the House of Blues in Houston. This sucks.

1 Like

Didn’t know that. Fuck I’m bummed now.

My Hometown
Life of the Party
New Year’s Day
El Cerito Place
Loving County

are the ones off the top of my head that I can listen to repeatedly

I used to play You’re Not The Best (But You’re The Best That I Can Do) to my wife and her beer buddies.

1 Like

Yep, great song

My favorite concert ever was seeing Charlie at the old Satellite Lounge off Washington Ave in Houston. Was the late 90s and I lived in the apartments across the street. Me and my friends were huge Charlie fans listened to Life of the Party CD constantly.

Anyway, day of the show rolls around and Houston has a Allison-ish rain storm that shuts the city down. Didn’t matter to us since we could walk across the street. When we walked in, mostly expecting the show to be canceled there was 4 or 5 other people there. We sat at the bar having drinks and Charlie came out on stage. He said, I’m here y’all are here, so scoot on up to the stage.

We all moved bar stools a foot from the stage and got our own personal concert for 2 hours.

6 Likes

I loved the Satellite

That’s a great memory for you

Fist time I saw him was at Bocktoberfest in Shiner. I think the Mighty Mighty Bosstones also played that show, and they’re always a blast.

“New Year’s Day” has been a tradition around the family ranch with my cousin and I: wake up, stoke fire, have a breakfast cocktail or beer, clean pits and grills from the day before, with that song playing 2 or 3 times on repeat, get ready for Jan1 bbq

1 Like

Oh man, Mighty Mighty Bosstones. That is a band I haven’t heard in awhile.

2 Likes

Saw The Scabs/Ugly Americans there several times. Good memories.

1 Like