2023 Dead Pool

It’s a pretty good crime caper with a nice ensemble cast.

1 Like

He was good in Prince of the City too.

Andy Garcia, Christopher Waulken, Williams, Steve Buscemi, Christopher Lloyd plus several others whose names I can’t recall.

“Buckwheats!”

Saw Jesus Christ super star in London. Little one at time.

Cormac McCarthy, 89.

1 Like

This day extracts a heavy toll.

Treat Williams was in Empire. Who knew?

770cr0afhpg51.png

3 Likes

Bill Nunn and William Forsythe.

1 Like

I just finished The Road last week. What a great writer.

1 Like

Good luck with the therapy.

For starters, I’ve never read one of his novels, but i get the reaction people are having. I’m a big fan of a great novel, and am happy to try something new (it’s my favorite way to ‘novel’ if you know what i mean) but none of his work has appealed to me, at least synopses of them haven’t. Much like Pynchon and David Foster Wallace.

1 Like

I’ve only read “The Road”, which is an exceptional novel, but with extremely disturbing subject matter. Dealing as it does with the depravity of man when facing an existential crisis, it might be less shocking now that we have been through a pandemic and seen some of our worst instincts happen in real life.

Blood Meridian is one of the best books I’ve ever read and it is extremely grim.

2 Likes

All the Pretty Horses is amazing, but like so much of McCarthy’s writing, it ain’t exactly an exercise in happy outcomes.

McCormac’s?

Thanks for catching that. Thinking/doing several things at once tends to fuck up one’s writing.

1 Like

I started Blood Meridian years ago and petered out about a quarter of the way through. It’s been on my list of things to get back to for a long time, and I’m determined to finally read it this year.

Child of God is the only other one I’ve read, outside of The Road, and it’s… bleak.

A Texas BBQ legend:

1 Like

This is very sad. I didn’t know her, but my wife, her sister and husband went to school with her in Taylor. When my bro-in-law was fired by Tom Herman he got a job a USC and she gave him a quarter cord of post oak, for free, that he put in the moving van for the trip. He wanted to introduce his players to real bbq.

4 Likes

Wow. May I ask, Todd Orlando?