2022 roster

I would vote for him for the AL manager of the year. He ain’t perfect and makes questionable decisions on an ongoing basis but the record speaks for itself.

1 Like

Kevin Cash has a good case for Manager of the Year too.

Brandon Hyde.

2 Likes

Scott Servais?

“Solomon’s stock dropped dramatically this season after he posted a 5.20 ERA and 1.45 WHIP in 23 games at Triple-A, plummeting to No. 28 in the midseason organizational Top 30 after starting the year ranked seventh.”

Hyde is far more deserving. Nobody expected Baltimore to challenge for a wild card spot. Seattle was expected to challenge the Astros and end their playoff drought after how they finished last season.

2 Likes

Solomon claimed by the Pirates.

James tonight for the Space Cowboys: 1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 2 K. Since returning from the IL: 4 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 11 K, 54 pitches/41 strikes.

Taylor tonight threw a scoreless frame with a single and a walk allowed.

“This time it’s different baby. I’ve changed. You gotta believe me.”

4 Likes

A fate worse than AAA for a pitcher.

2 Likes

Reminds me of something Jim Bouton wrote in Ball Four. He got sent down that year and one road trip was to Hawaii. He said that if a guy’s AAA team was Hawaii and he got called up, he may well decide he didn’t want to go.

1 Like

And he was poisoned by mai tai’s each night while earning 3-4 saves. He felt like a returning hero to the mainland before he was called back up.

And to think, he finished that year living poolside at the Astroworld hotel.

1 Like

In today’s matinee game for the Space Cowboys at the Dell…

James since returning from the IL: 5 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 12 K, 72 pitches/51 strikes.

6 Likes

Josh James got nicked tonight for his first run since returning from the IL but still hasn’t issued a walk…

James since returning from the IL: 6 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 0 BB, 13 K, 90 pitches/63 strikes.

Aledmys Diaz was 0-3 with a walk.

I hope James can bottle that. He’s always had great potential.

Blake Taylor with a scoreless 1.1 IP for Sugar Land today. No runs and just 1 hit allowed over his last 4.1 innings.

Aledmys Diaz was 1-5 today in his final rehab game prior to joining the big club in Detroit.

Roster management question: The Astros have the maximum 14 pitchers on their roster right now. When JV comes back, who get’s sent down? Here is who has options available:

All the starters except Lance (Valdez, Javier, Urquidy, Garcia, Brown)
Bullpen: Stanek, Abreu, Martinez or Maton

Or will they use the IL to rest a starter who is running up to an inning count?

Martinez

Taylor Jones DFA. I hope he can stay in the org.

Wow, I did not see that coming,