2022 roster

I am not going to say its a surprise.

I really like him and hope he gets a shot next season in Houston or elsewhere.

But clearly the team had moved on with Matijevic and Yainer Diaz.

Color me disappointed about Jones.

Classic case of bad luck/lack of opportunity.

He hit .333 .948OPS with 8 extra base hits in 14 games ( 10 starts) last August

Then he got sick, hurt his back, got passed by J.J. and Yanier on the depth chart.

And they are younger with more years of control. . .

Only room for so many players.

Yep, I liked him too. What is his injury? His back?

He hurt his back in spring training and missed 2-3 months but he’s been healthy since June.

One of the reasons I was rooting for him is that he’s from Gonzaga.

My oldest son is in Gonzaga Law school.

Not many players from the NorthWest to root for.

2 Likes

I think he has had back problems in the past, too, which may have figured into the decision.

Yuli!!

Piña Power at last!!!

Henley’s development made Jones the odd man out.

2 Likes

I do people year and everyday. I have wondered in the past about Altuve’s thoughts on his country. Richest and most prosperous country in South America. I know and have talked to what has become of Altuve’s homeland. Not even sure if we have a team in the country anymore. The little midget has been a blessing to the Stros. I joke when I say that. Napoleon was 5; 6.5. Reminds me of another site over20 years ago. Girl was 4’11 and a 1/2. Said they were important inches.

Did I miss Blake Taylor being Mexican?

You’re not the only one

Standing on the left behind the Mexican flag…

Glorious sunset of my heart was fading. Soon the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match.

6 Likes

There was talk about this last year. I don’t know if he ever explained his connection to Mexico. His father is British, which is how he got to play for Great Britain in the WBC. Perhaps his mother’s side?

He ate at a Taco Cabana once.

2 Likes

Got it. Makes sense if he was born in So. Cal.

1 Like

Astros radio broadcast was opining today that they were intentionally working the rotation so that Tampa Bay would not see JV and Framber.

3 Likes