2021 Dead Pool

G. Gordon Liddy.

Yeah, me neither.

I met Liddy once. Holy sweet jeebus, that guy was a hall of fame asshole.

Finally an asshole died. It’s been a while.

1 Like

and in his case about 90 years too late.

“How soon they forget.”

R. Limbaugh

5 Likes

The poet Robert Hershon died March 20. I don’t know much about Hershon, and until he died had never read anything he wrote that I recall. He wrote this though, so he deserves a moment of my thought:

you politely ask me not to die and i promise not to
right from the beginning—a relationship based on
good sense and thoughtfulness in little things

1 Like

There was a good obituary in the New York Times a few days ago with excerpts from some of his humorous and touching poems.

1 Like

Prince Philip.

Gone, but not forgotten:

1 Like

That’s a reasonable question, actually.

1 Like

Death of a gangster. Fuck him and his wife and family.

Yes, certainly, high fives all around for the death of Prince Phillip. Apparently there was no intense suffering at the end (at least none was reported) so the joy is dampened to some degree. The season of jubilation kicked off by the passing of Limbaugh and Liddy continues.

It is always appropriate, even necessary for the righteous to celebrate the demise of the unrighteous; the wise of the ignorant; the superior of the inferior. The celebration confirms the virtue of the celebrant.

2 Likes

I realize sarcasm when I see it, I hope, but “Judge not lest ye be judged” is the way I try to live.

1 Like

It’s still ok in my book to call an asshole an asshole, though.

1 Like

Quite a bit different to me from celebrating a death.

4 Likes

I will withhold criticism as I’m saving my grave dancing for Selig. I guess we all have our reasons.

1 Like

Exactly. There’s probably a handful of people in all of history whose demise merited celebration; Philip wasn’t one of them.

But those who have done bad things in life (and, in Philip’s case, not much else) shouldn’t have their ledger wiped clean simply because they went the way of all living things.

Of course, but it’s still judgemental. But I get your point, and it’s a good maxim to live by.

Yep, I am not 100% successful in how I try to live, as those who know me would say, but I try.

“But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.”

2 Likes

Is that what John Lennon said?

1 Like