2021 Dead Pool

I’m sorry, my mistake. It’ll never happen again.

It’s always entertaining to see what coaxes the fuckwits out of hibernation.

2 Likes

Lucille Bluth passed away. Jessica Walter Dead: ‘Arrested Development’, ‘Archer’ Actress Was 80 – Deadline

Man, that one hurts.

One of my favorites of all time. Her characters on Arrested Development and Archer are two of the best, snarkiest, side-eye-iest TV characters of all time.

4 Likes

I feel like I should have a drink.

Just make sure to finish the bottle. Everyone knows it goes bad after you open it.

4 Likes

“Who are you, Comrade Questions?”
R.I.P.

1 Like

Malory Archer was simply savage:

“What in the name of prepaid venereal disease do you think you’re doing?”

“Once again you’re left with the Irishman’s dilemna…do I eat the potato now, or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?”

“If I wanted to sit around all day doing nothing, I’d be a teacher!”

“My third biggest fear: he brings home a whore and says ‘We’re married!’…oh, and the whore has bangs”

“Like you’d recognize a vegetable that wasn’t wrapped in a Montecristo sandwich…”

No one could have played that part better. RIP Ms. Walter.

2 Likes

We are right in the middle of an Arrested Development re-watch at our house, so this news hit especially hard. She was a treasure.

Even in the last season when the show was just barely limping along, she delivered every time she was on the screen.

She was great as the crazy spurned lover in Play Misty For Me.

1 Like

Larry McMurtry, of Archer City, Texas. 84.

1 Like

He contributed.

2 Likes

It’s strange. I just started Lonesome Dove last week. Haven’t read anything by him since Horseman, Pass By in college.

You’re in for a treat.

2 Likes

Dr. Bobby Brown. Got his MD while playing utility infielder for the Yankees. Took two years off to serve as a surgeon on the front lines in Korea. Left baseball while still in his 20s to practice medicine. Later served as AL president.

I missed this one. He was great on Homicide and LALD, and I never tire of Midnight Run. Almost every character in the movie was just right.

1 Like

Beverly Cleary passes away at 104

Beezus, she was still alive?

1 Like