Yankee Tears

Holy shit, that’s the cringiest thing I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

I like one of the replies: “If you can’t beat the Astros, sign the Astros!”

2 Likes

It never occurs to them to build the organization from the ground up. Scout, sign, and develop players. Develop a winning, supportive culture and operate with a vision.

Nope, just buy players NOW!

High priced rentals…

I kind of like the yanks’ “formula” for “success” and hope they keep it going for many years.

4 Likes

Perhaps, but I’ll be shocked if Carlos Correa isn’t a Yankee next season.

1 Like

It’s seemed like a given since about the All Star break.

Could be a Dodger!

Maybe, but can they afford Judge and Carlos along with Cole’s $300M? What is the Stanton contract?

2 Likes

They’re the Yankees, they can afford anything they want. They have about $150MM committed to 2023 and another $45MM estimated in arb-eligible and players under control. That’s $195MM without Judge. I think the tax threshold is $233MM. So they have about $40MM to play to play with, without going over. They could also try to unload Donaldson to free up another $21MM. But they’ve got $150MM committed to just 8 guys, and that doesn’t include Judge.

ETA: Rizzo ($16MM) has a player option and the Yankees have a club option on Severino ($15MM), but I’m assuming both of those are back and are included in the $195MM committed for 2023.

A very expensive team with an LCS ceiling

I thought I read on Twitter today (ENORMOUS GRAIN OF SALT) that Rizzo is going to opt out.

So that leaves them roughly $55MM, which isn’t enough to land both Judge and Correa. But I’m not convinced they won’t 1) unload Donaldson, and 2) mind going over the threshold if it means both Judge and Correa. But I don’t know. They’ve got $104MM committed to four players.

Buy the Astros franchise, move them to NYC, and build a roof on Yankee stadium

2 Likes

I see no reason Rizzo would not opt out at $15M, he’ll easily get more.

2 Likes

Minor League stepping up.

2 Likes

The @astros admin must feel like a proud parent.

2 Likes

When I was in 6th grade I always used to snicker when someone broke wind.

1 Like

People stop snickering?