World Series

So basically everyone except the five remaining holdovers from 2017 and Christian Vazquez.

1 Like

And Will Smith.

It took me a minute to remember that guys like Michael Brantley, Maldy, and Ryan Pressly etc. did not have a ring till now

And guys like Taylor Jones and Joe Perez will get one lol

1 Like

It will be Pedro Baezā€™s second ring.

2 Likes

I did not list him but also did not mention him as excluded

2019 will forever bother me as the Shoulda Been WS.

7 Likes

Me too. Last year, the pitching was a shambles. They overperformed greatly in my mind. '19 remains so tough to think about.

1 Like

With a few weeksā€™ reflection, Iā€™ve thought about where this 2022 team ranks in the greatest list. Iā€™ve always said 2019 was the best Astros team ever, but 2022 is giving it a run for the money.

3 Likes

Iā€™m still basking in reflected glory.

I still think 2019 was barely better, but Yordan was not then who he is now. It is close, and I may reassess, because 2022 had two aces in JV and Framber, Javier, McCullers, AND a lockdown bullpen. We missed Brantley a lot this year. Springer would have been nice too. Carlos who?

1 Like

They are very close.

2019 had a deeper lineup 2022 had the deeper pitching, especially the bullpen.

I am looking forward to the discussion this time next year where we debate which of them is 2nd best and which 3rd

Likewise. The 2019 offense was legendary, but I think the depth of the rotation and the shutdown pen might give 2022 the edge.

I think 2022 is one game better than 2019.

8 Likes

2019 had two aces also.

2019 had the better offense and 2022 the better pitching.

2022 wins because they won.

11 Likes

We donā€™t consider the legendary Mariners team for a reason. In the end, you win or you donā€™t

1 Like

Pretty wild that the team without Gerrit Cole and Zack Greinke had the better pitching. The 2022 staff was incredible in more ways than one.

3 Likes

I know, BG: Verlander and Cole. I think 2022ā€™s staff was deeper and better, especially the bullpen. Agree completely with 2019ā€™s having the better offense.

I will forever believe Karma, not the Nationals, beat us.

1 Like

When did they update this?

Dunno, but I noticed it and did a double-take.
Well done by the Astros.

A consequence of that guy yelling in the direction of women close by about how fucking happy he was the team had aquired Osuna?