Wild Card Series

You probably mean Harris in 2019, but Greine’s home run pitch to Rendon began it. I thought at the time and now if Greinke gets through the 7th still up 2-0, we win.

What pitch in 2018?

The bases clearing double in game 2 that rolled along the ledge at Fenway just out of Marwins reach is the one if you can only pick one pitch

1 Like

Hey Siri…who’s leading this game?

Siri sighting!

That’s the one I was thinking of. That was a series changer, IMO.

The first time I full-blown bawled my eyes out at a sporting event was Game 6, '86. I was 12.

Or Joe West’s no-lube-rear ending of Altuve’s HR

3 Likes

Altuves would be homerun could have flipped the series back but yeah that pitch was the difference between up 2-0 and down 1-1

WTF? Hate? I said I no longer have a soft spot for the Rays. I still like them but I don’t see them as the same cute overachievers, as I once did.

1 Like

I had tickets to Game Seven and to WS Game One so I was right there with you.

I was a bit older than 12.

1 Like

14?

They are still overachievers. They have no business competing in a division with the Yankees and Red Sox, yet they continue to do so.

1 Like

That was my single biggest disappointment as an Astros fan, until 2019.

2 Likes

Well…shitfuck

Yes, they overachieve but they’re not so cute about it anymore.

Mine, also.

I’ve rewatched the '80 series, I was there but too young to have more than fleeting memories. That was brutal, also.

If Ryan had let the sure DP ball go to Reynolds in the 8th, we would have won.

2 Likes

But you’re not on SWA and helping to fund my retirement! :crazy_face:

Seriously, JetBlue has a great product; I have several buddies who fly for them.

I suspect the Rays will think carefully about pitching to Ramirez from here on out. If you can keep him under control, the rest of the CLE offense seems pretty ordinary.

1 Like