What are you eating?

Learn something every day. I always thought the stall was one of the mysteries of the universe.

Brisket Stall Explained, What Is It and How To Deal With It - Mevell.com.

The Stall IS one of the great mysteries of the universe. Like how a bicycle works. We have theories, but we don’t really know.

1 Like

Since we were talking Pecos cantaloupes the other day…

2 Likes

Another crop of Pecos Cantaloupes in New Braunfels H-E-B on 306 & I-35.They’re huge. I bought three

2 Likes

None for me, huh?

Chicken thigh stir fry, shrooms, snap peas, broccoli, red bell pepper

Not sure about the sauce yet, it can be adjusted.

Cooking traditional pulled pork Sammie’s and some pork hatch chili tacos for a local bar tonight! Been awhile since I’ve done a bbq gig (pandemic sapped that) and am excited to share some meat!

1 Like

I’ll be right there.

Last night’s smoked pork tenderloin

This morning I made grits and eggs with the last of the Hatch chile bacon.

Today it’s smash burgers. Tomorrow is back to the old salt mine.

2 Likes

I’ll be over around noon.

You can help me clean out the garage. Mrs Hawk is ready to decorate for fall.

Deal

I’m interested in y’all’s opinion. You have a nice prime cut 10 oz NY Strip. Cook in a cast iron skillet (inside on stove top or outside on grill) or directly on a grill with a flame kissed sear? I personally believe that hats are not to be worn inside (except in a foyer) and steaks should be cooked outside, so no stove top for me.

Yes.

Actually, I kinda prefer the cast iron. I’m not a good steak cook, but I do think the most important thing in cooking steak is light salting at least an hour before the cook. After that method isn’t all that important.

1 Like

Cast iron on grill, imo.

1 Like

We got a new range, half gas, half induction. Cooking on the induction with cast iron is about the coolest thing ever.

1 Like

I am, and will forever be, a grilled steak man. It’s just the way things ought to be.

3 Likes

I do a reverse sear over burning wood. No other way imho.

Smoke it at 200 (or less) until it hits 110-5 internal then nuke the fuck out of it. Absolutely perfect.

2 Likes

Don’t wash the cast iron skillet
This town won’t get no better, will it

I hold this as a personal belief, and always follow it, while recognizing that sear on a super hot cast iron followed by finishing in the oven is probably the method for superior flavor.