What are you eating?

I have not, but this time of year would be awesome with some roasted green chiles.

I got me some aji panca and aji amarillo pastes to try some Peruvian chicken dishes. I did some chicken thighs over Yukon gold potato slices, and it was ok, but not life-changing or anything. Need to try some other things.

There’s 2 particular spices…aji amarillo is the main one. Simple and awesome.

You need the whole chicken, and after you’ve blended the goop, work it everywhere under and over the skin. Cook on a charcoal fire/smoker.

Try the same thing with guinea pig.

2 Likes

A friend of mine did research on a particular bacteria that is difficult/impossible to grow in culture media, so they use a natural animal host: the chinchilla.

When they capture the animals in the mountains they have to bring them down slowly to sea level so they can (de-)acclimate.

Don’t worry; the bacteria don’t infect the little fur balls they just colonize their nasal passages.

1 Like

A buddy of mine’s old gf had 2 pet chinchillas. Soft and fuzzy and crazy as shit.

I was going to say, yes, turkey is a superior food, and it’s crazy that we and by we I mainly mean I don’t cook far more of it throughout the year.

What were the chinchillas like?

Needed more cumin

1 Like

Am I supposed to be smoking chinchillas?

2 Likes

I think I speak for all of us when I say there is a general assumption that at least one of your grills is reserved for rodent smoking.

3 Likes

Well I did just add another one… “The Good One” Open Range. I think it’d do pretty well with rodents!

So that’s to say you didn’t already have a rig dedicated to chinchillas and cuy? Seems like a serious oversight.

So the turkey was excellent. As was the Turley.

The brisket was good too. The flat was a little bit dry, but beyond the bump was perfect.

2 Likes

I had similar results with the one I smoked two weeks back.

1 Like

Some competition brisket guys do hot cooks.

I forget the temps they do.

They suggest in that article that the stall is caused when when the brisket squeezes out water, which I hadn’t heard before. That would be consistent with my theory that mine cooked without a stall because I left it salted 24 hours longer.