What are you eating?

I follow the big green egg group on Facebook, and there was once a long angst-filled discussion about how to reheat brisket. Someone said use the sous vide. That was worth the price of admission.

It’s gonna blow over…close it up and wait it out

Absolutely everything looks perfect there. Bravo.

Border Collie in the background? We have a BC mix who looks somewhat similar.

Aussie Shepherd red-tri.

So I’m restoring a grill. It’s called “The Good One, Open Range”. Im not sure if I’m keeping it or selling it, but I thought I’d share pics. This thing is so cleverly designed. I love the simplicity. I paid $60 for it….

2 Likes

Pretty pup.

1 Like

Finiished. Took 15 hours to get to 200 degrees. Come on over, there’s plenty to go around.

6 Likes

Damn, that’s a professional looking job! Did you ever wrap it?

Yes, with butcher paper when it got to 200, then put it an “cooler” for 3 hours.

Ok, but no “crutch” in the middle of the cook?

I don’t know what a “crutch” is?

The so-called “Texas crutch” is wrapping the brisket at the stall point. When I try that I wind up with disappointing bark, but it seems to work fine for other people, so it’s most likely some deficiency in my technique.

I’ve never done that. I just try my best to keep the temp stable.

2 Likes

Navin drools for us all.

Then there are some people who like mayo so much…

1 Like

If that is real and catches on, I’m right back in the pandemic. Isolating at home, Instacart, and grub hub with a fucking mask on all the time.

4 Likes

I like mayo. I can think of countless things I enjoy eating but would not want to smell like them. Give me old school stuff like the Bay Rum the barber would splash on the back of my neck back n the days when I had enough hair to warrant going to a barber shop.

¡Dejame vomitar!