What are you eating?

Mayo - it’s not just for sandwiches any more:

Researchers dig deeper into stability challenges of nuclear fusion—with mayonnaise

1 Like

Glad you raised the mayo “issue” again. I had one of my favorite mayo-infused delights today. A tomato sandwich. Softest bread you have (nothing with 2lbs of nuts and oats per slice), mayo spread on both slices, 1/4" sliced tomato FROM THE GARDEN and a little salt and pepper. Each bite is like a little taste of summer.

2 Likes

Better there than anywhere else.

Been awhile since I’ve been home… this feels nice.

7 Likes

3 Likes

I’ll be right over. Can I bring anything?

2 Likes

Lefty and I had BBQ for lunch at Old 300 BBQ in Blanco. it was pretty good but not great. We ate it all. They were nice to give my dog a shit load of trimmings.

5 Likes

That was a nice time. Yeah, I don’t necessarily have to ever go back there…we’ll do better next time, which we have to try since you paid for this one.

eta: speaking of those trimmings, did wonderdog make it home without messing up/in the car?

Yep, she slept all the way home. Still haven’t given her that massive rib.

1 Like

Wow. How many people is that for???

Sphinx. Well, maybe Sphinx and Lefty. But I guess they’d have to go to West Virginia.

It did inspire me to go find a brisket to smoke tomorrow night and Saturday morning.

You probably know this, but in case, you should not feed dogs ribs. Well, take the meat off and give it to her, but don’t give them the bone.

1 Like

Have any of y’all been to Burnt Bean in Sequin? I wasn’t familiar with it until I saw Mike Sutter’s top 10 BBQ list in the Express News the other day.

Saw that too, and it’s high on the list of places to go. Still haven’t been to Barb’sBQ or Tejas Chocolate either.

Or Black Board…where we were originally going to go today, but they don’t do Thursday lunch for some reason.

That should last you until an early breakfast

It’s as good as advertised

1 Like

I need to go there. I’m a little burnt out on Davilas. There is often a line outside the building when I drive by it. It’s on the Square across the street from the courthouse

Everything turned out great! Not pictured is the bologna chub for sandwiches (that thing lasts weeks and is fucking delicious) here I have hot dog burnt ends that I braised along with the rib tips and trimmings. Beef ribs and pork ribs. I typically cook for an entire week and hand out plates to those that are deserving.

8 Likes

Am I? Am I deserving of your grace and bounty in this matter?

2 Likes