What are you eating?

I use my offset smoker at 350 until I get the meat to about 155. But first I make enough of a fire out of charcoal under the grate to seer all sides then move it away from the coals and I used mesquite in the offset burner finish it. Usually between 40 and 50 minutes.

1 Like

Ask and you shall receive.

7 Likes

Solid

Todays cook. “Texas Honey”/Chipotle ribs, tri tip, duroc pork chops, cheddar brats, and bacon wrapped jalepenos.

My meal prep for a week is slightly different than Martha Stewart’s.

4 Likes

and that’s a good thing.

Which smoker is that?

It’s a gravity fed charcoal smoker by masterbuilt. If you’re willing to put some elbow grease in, and mod these things, they are pretty badass.

1 Like

Are those stuffed Anaheims wrapped with bacon?

1 Like

Jalepenos (stuffed with cream cheese)

1 Like

This is why I went with the Broil King Keg. A portable large Komodo >>>> most other camping options.

Don’t have a pig roaster… yet.

1 Like

Ahhh…I was looking at the one in front of it. I like the looks of the broil king.

Came here to ask: has anyone been to Viola and Agnes’ in Seabrook? Just saw an article in Texas Highways (not online) and it sounded really good. He uses some dried shrimp in his gumbo which I’d never heard of but makes sense, will have to try next time I make a pot. They’ve also got a dish (not on the regular menu, must be a special) called sticky chicken that’s Asian/Hawaiian-influenced and sounds delicious.

1 Like

Nope, but the Chronicle named it one of the top 100 restaurants in Houston a couple years ago. Here’s a fairly recent review (gift article, shouldn’t be paywalled): https://www.houstonchronicle.com/food-culture/restaurants-bars/article/Alison-Cook-Viola-Agnes-Neo-Soul-Cafe-17462857.php?utm_source=marketing&utm_medium=copy-url-link&utm_campaign=article-share&hash=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuaG91c3RvbmNocm9uaWNsZS5jb20vZm9vZC1jdWx0dXJlL3Jlc3RhdXJhbnRzLWJhcnMvYXJ0aWNsZS9BbGlzb24tQ29vay1WaW9sYS1BZ25lcy1OZW8tU291bC1DYWZlLTE3NDYyODU3LnBocA%3D%3D&time=MTcxODY0MDM0MTUyOQ%3D%3D&rid=ZGQxMjViNjAtODM2Ni00MzY0LWE1ZTEtOTEwNzNkYTUxZGE2&sharecount=Mg%3D%3D

1 Like

Wow! That’s impressive and awesome and crazy all at the same time.

My Dad graduated from Vernon HS in 1958.

1 Like

7 Likes

Oh hells yeah!

1 Like

Wanna meet in Spring Branch or wherever for lunch one of these days?

Sure, anytime.

1 Like

What’s a good place around there? I can drive further south (or east/west) if needed.

Antler

1 Like