What are you eating?

Antler is good.

1 Like

Never been there (driven past it), let’s do that, or wherever. I love a country drive.

Not sure if I have a day off this coming week (I like weekdays as opposed to weekends) but my schedule is mostly totally flexible.

On 46 east of Bulverde?

2 Likes

Yep

1 Like

That looks outstanding.

We kept it simple this morning with steak tips and eggs for Sunday brunch.

1 Like

Next week is good but tricky ( I’ve a friend from Portugal visiting Austin next week and need to work around her schedule). The following week is chemo Monday, so the schedule less good but still tricky. I will PM you.

2 Likes

Anytime that works for you…like I said my schedule is pretty flexible

I bet he never told you a single story about growing up in Vernon.

1 Like

My freshman college roomate was from vernon. He called me before we moved into the dorm and wanted to know if i had AIDS. I told him that if we don’t fuck it wont matter.

Have driven through vernon multiple times. Can’t recall stopping.

3 Likes

You should have called him to ask if he was from Vernon

ETA: there’s a good burger place, Bevos.

2 Likes

I’ve heard teh stoopid is contagious.

1 Like

Thats where i caught it. Duh!

1 Like

Here we are now, Limey

1 Like

July 4, people have requested hot dogs and burgers, which is nice.

I haven’t bought a hotdog at the grocery in years…what are the preferred brands? What is the best damn dog you can buy?

Hebrew National is pretty good and commonly available.

1 Like

Nathans are also good.

1 Like

Both Good suggestions. You can’t go wring with Costco dogs either. They now sell in bulk the same 1/4 lb hot dogs they sell in their food court. You can also get their 1/3 lb ground sirloin pre-formed hamburger patties as well. Which are excellent.

I don’t do dogs much anymore, but I highly recommend smashburgers. With Monterrey jack cheese, and grilled onions. On Texas toast. Yes, that’s a Whataburger patty melt. They are awesome.

I highly recommend grilling conecuh sausages. Though they are pretty good in just about anything. Gumbo, Red Beans & Rice, fried in an iron skillet… Excuse my while I clean up my drool.

2 Likes

I don’t do Whataburger much outside of the occasional breakfast, but when I do that’s the only burger I order.