What are you eating?

IPAs are the poster children for the main thing that is wrong with craft beer: they’re all too fucking strong. It’s ok to have a barley wine in your line up, but when your “session” beer is 5%+ - and then it goes up from there - it’s just completely ridiculous.

2 Likes

Given there is a convergence of wine and Australia, I am required to post this:

1 Like

Preach!

2 Likes

IPA in the UK (which should be a Sex Pistols parody) is maybe 4%. Cranking it up to 8% and beyond is a choice; a stupid one.

1 Like

We ate out on the porch tonight. Prime sirloin marinated in chili sauce with garlic, white beans with olives, lettuce from the garden and guacamole, grilled pepper and onion. . . I’d bought a great Malbec–this was before I vowed to buy American, but it was a great Malbec. I looked down in my glass and there was a bug in the wine. I tried to fish it out with my finger, but couldn’t.

Later I checked and it was gone. Prime sirloin, beans with olives, lettuce and guacamole, grilled peppers and onions, and one bug. Unforgettable.

3 Likes

Love it, love it all.

I love “session beers”

I will fight you over IPAs

Get some?

2 Likes

Mrs Hawk loves drinking outside. We have a set of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Wine-Tapa-Glass-Covers-Lavender/dp/B01HFJQVDI/ref=asc_df_B01HFJQVDI/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198078681519&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17724968775790165080&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1015172&hvtargid=pla-413837783677&psc=1&mcid=df394e6dcce9311bbaad4164f4b316c1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw-_mvBhDwARIsAA-Q0Q7YOWWTy5ZISpP9r_WjKqhSgZq65f9HgT2FX6tJ3tj-1E8cHR_riKAaAihNEALw_wcB

1 Like

I know damn well Limey ain’t gonna buy any of these, he needs the protein.

1 Like

Did you say “lettuce from the garden”? Goodness. This is my yard, after I finished shoveling last night:

4 Likes

You missed a spot.

2 Likes

This is the winter garden, though the lettuce is actually upstairs on the patio.

8 Likes

Breakfast this morning at the Oxford Exchange in Tampa. The whipped feta is fantastic. Cool place.

Now imbibing at the Cigar City Brewing at Terminal C at TPA. The special is strawberry shortcake sour. It’s actually…pretty good.

2 Likes

Feta is in my top 5 favorite cheeses

Speaking of gardening…if you like cherry tomatoes you would be wise to plant the “sun gold” variety. They’re Texas tolerant, bountiful, hardy (I’ve had them last from April to September) and very delicious.

Looks like Neil is a more meticulous snow shoveler than das.

4 Likes

I got every flake.

2 Likes

Snow shoveling is serious business. You have to respect the snow gods lest they vexx you with a snowless, warm winter. Every time one of my kids would “help”, I’d thank them and then spend 30 minutes fixing their work once they went back inside.

1 Like

I think the error here is having kids and still shoveling your own snow.

2 Likes

All IPA’s are carbonated, bottled varnish. It’s lucky that gose exists or it would be listed as the most foul splitting of the beer atom ever.