What are you eating?

Just…no. As John Stewart said…you know how I know I’m right? You call yours “Chicago-style pizza”…you call it “Detroit-style pizza”…you know what we call it? “Pizza”

I prefer Brooklyn pizza over Bronx or Queens pizza.

1 Like

Is Staten Island pizza made exclusively with white sauce?

2 Likes

Your opinion is unsurprising and duly noted.

Facts. Gym Jordan assured me that even if it’s incorrect, it doesn’t change the fact.

2 Likes

Nonno’s on Richmond and Mandell has terrific Chicago tavern-style pizza, which is not to be confused with deep dish pizza.

Star Pizza did (maybe still does) a proper deep dish. So did Candelari’s (it was called the Wrigleyville iirc, so if you can get past that…)

The best deep dish I’ve had in Houston came from Chicago Italian Beef & Pizza up near Spanish Flowers.

Huh…how long has that place been there, somehow I’ve never heard/seen of it.

That’s on Airline near the farmer’s market?

Anyone that doesn’t like Via313/good Detroit Style Pizza ain’t no friend of mine.

2 Likes

I love Star. There used to be a place near Rice…maybe around like Maine and Bissonnet…that had great deep dish. I think it was called Chicago Pizza Corp. or something like that.

What asshole started this chain of thought? I’m sitting here in a pizza desert getting hungry.

Business opportunity.

1 Like

I’ve thought about it, that and a kolache shop (can’t get a decent bagel around here either, but I’m not sure what that market would be). If I knew/trusted someone to manage it, I’d get serious about financing it (hint hint)

I got really excited when a new pizza food truck opened up last year…went there once and will never go back.

I celebrate pizza’s entire catalogue.

Happy belated birthday, btw!!

4 Likes

Thank you, sir!

1 Like

I just can’t imagine getting an adequate oven in a food truck.

1 Like

Oddly, my first Via313 experience was in Provo

Yet they managed to burn the fuck out of it