Video Games

I’ve fallen off that wagon. Multiple times.

2 Likes

I’ve got a while until baseball starts again, and I assume that once again there will be plenty of shitty winter days that I’ll only be outside as much as I need to be.

I still need those headphones.

1 Like

My wife just got the AirPod Maxes and uses those to game.

The Limey beacon has been lit.

3 Likes

I get HH and Limey involved and I’ll end up with HiFi brain implants that will start my electric bicycle but can’t interface with a Samsung product

4 Likes

I’m an analog nerd trapped in a digital world.

1 Like

I saw Firefox several times as a kid, and I’m not prepared to think in Russian

Thinking in Spanish might get the garage door open

Yep.

You’re steampunk.

Actually, I recently discovered my style. It’s what they’re calling “dark academia”. More classic than anachronistic.

I have been playing the shit out of Hades (the Greek mythology game I referenced in the book thread). Also about to pick Rimworld back up.

Civ5>Civ6

2 Likes

Man, I haven’t pulled V out in so long I don’t remember the gameplay differences

A video game thread is not what I ever expected to see on this site. I welcome it, to be clear.

I’m not super deep into this one but it’s been enjoyable so far.

Fallen Order is good but I think I enjoyed the first one more. Both remind me of The Force Unleashed which were two of my favorite games.

Man, I think I have only one of the last five years of console soccer games. The games are fun but my favorite part of sports games is the management side and FIFA lost me years ago to FM. I do get the itch to play a few times from time to time.

My video game time, as has been for many years, is mostly sunk into either Football Manager or a number Paradox games(mostly EU4). Since I work from home and can get away with playing FM while I work, the number of hours with that game running every year is… staggering.

I did recently get the itch to play some shooters and picked up Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2, pretty fun but I wish it was a longer set of missions. Something about hitting a bad guy in the head from half a mile away is just so satisfying.

More recently, today in fact, I picked up Ghost Recon Breakpoint. Which is a PS4 game but hey it was 10 bucks and isn’t all about online play, which is hard to find these days for shooters. So far it’s pretty fun but I’m only about an hour into it.

I’ll never forget not long after I bought my first console(360), not my first console just the first one I bought with my own money. It was around the time that the first Red Dead Redemption came out. I was still living at home at the time, circa 2010. Anyway I came home from work one day and find my dad sitting on my bed playing RDR, I didn’t buy the game, he did. He looked at me like I had caught him stealing and said how he should have asked if it was ok. I busted out laughing and then sat down and watched him play for like 3 hours.

My dad very rarely played video games, he had a Sega Genesis when I was really young but aside from playing Madden/NCAA with me, I hadn’t seen him play a game in well over 10 years to that point. I’m pretty sure it’s still the only game he’s played since, but he loved that game, and it brought me so much joy that he got to play it because I had “wasted my money” in the words of my mom.

3 Likes

I’ve always been afraid of video games. They sure seem like a lot of fun. I think I would get caught up and lose hour upon hour to them. I already don’t get shit done because of trying to keep up with y’all on sports, movies, books, TV shows, politics, meat smoking, cocktails, news and weather. I must be a real shitty time manager. I did play Doom, along with Wing Commander and Microsoft Flight Simulator in the 90s. I have thought recently about getting a new version of Flight Simulator.

1 Like

ding ding ding

Oh good grief I feel old. Mine was the SNES.

Fuck, even I feel old at that any my first was the original PlayStation.