Travel 2021

I thought it worked fine just like it was.

Or the other way.

I always put it, “They can make you get older, but they can’t make you grow up.”

1 Like

Best part of getting old is it’s better than the alternative…

1 Like

I flew on a chopper with a bush pilot (and a taxidermist in the back seat with a dart gun) in South Africa in June to check the health of certain species and to remove animals who had managed to get themselves onto airstrips, etc. It was highly exhilarating. I didn’t tell my wife about this until after.

4 Likes

Glad you were still around to tell her.

Your job seems more interesting than mine.

Oh it’s not a job, it’s a weekend hobby. He doesn’t get paid for it.

Ah! So his life is more interesting than mine.

Shut-up! You are island hopping in Greece.

2 Likes

Oh wait that’s Navin…

1 Like

It’s the thought that counts.

Not me.

Lubbock has one off the top 50 new restaurants in Bon Appetite, The Nicolett, and it it looks terrific.

1 Like

There’s nothing like going through airport security, when one of the new smart scanners breaks, to remind one that the human race is too stupid to survive.

Brexit Update:

Hour and a half to offload the bags at a very quiet Manchester airport. On a Monday. At 10am.

Caused me to miss my train so, in addition to the baggage delay, I will be an additional 2 hours later than planned arriving at my destination.

So pardon my colonial ignorance, but…what does slow baggage handling in Manchester have to do with leaving the EU? Or was that just general grousing about the state of the world?

The same way that much of the US runs on cheap, immigrant (often illegal) labor, the UK ran on cheap EU labor that was legal by dint of the EU membership (particularly from the more eastern EU members).

Those workers had to leave upon Brexit, and now every function that requires a force of manual laborers - like baggage handling - is woefully under-staffed.

Ah…so there’s no one to mine the dilithium crystals. Got it.

2 Likes

Prince King Charles can’t even get a manservant to move an object 6 inches across a table.

Oh the humanity!

2 Likes

The last time I was in London I heard almost as much Polish spoken on the tube and in buses as I did English.

I guess in order to hear Polish spoken these days you’d have to travel to Dublin.

1 Like