Travel 2021

This is what I said:

Most all of my posts in this thread are teasing, but my staying away from helicopters is serious and real.

1 Like

Great report. I’m no judge of Mai Tais, but dutifully drank them and never really liked them. Good to know it wasn’t my fault. If I ever go back, the House Without a Key is on the list.

I’d absolutely like the photo from the Arizona. I’m glad the monument is reopened.

2 Likes

We’re eating breakfast at Harry Caray’s during a layover at Chicago’s Midway. It’s 9:30 am. It’s reasonably busy, and everybody but us is drinking. I don’t know why I’m surprised.

2 Likes

It’s 2am, I’m drinking local wine on the balcony listening to waves, in Naxos Greece, what a great island. No cruise ships stop here, produces like 20% of the entire country’s agricultural output. So awesome food and drinks, laid back with limited tourist overrun.

5 Likes

You, sir, are a tourist.

1 Like

Greets from Dublin! Full Irish breakfast followed by a day of touring and Guinness. Slainté!

6 Likes

Enjoy!

Should you decide to seek non-Guinness craft beer, I really enjoyed the offerings from Wicklow Wolf while I was in Ireland in 2019.

The Porterhouse in Temple Bar had a nice selection of craft stuff, and I quite enjoyed the combo of tourists and local craft fans.

1 Like

We’ll I’ll join in—greetings from Cozumel. We just got off the ship to go to the mall thing at the end of the pier to check our messages; we have a relative that was traveling in France who is in the hospital thanks to COVID and a bad fall so it’s good we can catch up.
Otherwise back to the ship; since most people are out on excursions it will be empty which is nice.

2 Likes

I am envious of all y’all. T-minus 38 days until I depart to Australia. Two trips to DC and one to CA in the interim for work don’t count…

I have two more domestic trips in 2022, and that international trip in July was so great. The worst thing Covid has done to me so far (knocking on wood) was cancel travel plans for two years plus.

At our age cancelling travel plans is rather sad. Glad you’re making up for lost time.

One phrase I never use is “at our age.” I do not think of myself as old, but I know you and many others do.

Greetings from Washougal, Washington, home of the Meshugina Washougalers Zion League team (just kidding). We have been visiting friends and family in Portland the past week and came up here yesterday to swim in the ice cold Washougal River and convene a drinky reunion with a gaggle of cousins and their get. Flying back to North Carolina tonight.

In Portland we ate at the Chart House and attended the Japanese Gardens and ran in Peninsula Park and visited the grave of my uncle and hung out with several of Mrs banedoodle’s best friends from childhood. What a terrific time to visit the PNW.

1 Like

I really loved Portland when I visited a while back.

We were in Portland back in May and went to the whiskey library downtown and it was pretty epic.

My adage is everyone has to grow up but you don’t have to get old.

3 Likes

We’re in Avon, Mn., on our way to Bismarck. There don’t appear to be a lot of tourists, though it’s a perfect Midwestern day.

Be safe

Oh shit! I got that backwards.
Explains some things…

2 Likes