Trade Deadline Possibilities 2021

SO, your big worry is the 4th OFer? Losing Toro is critical? Chill, please. Get a beer.

Every day? That’s a little bit of an overreaction. Myles took shit in here during the spring and for about the first 2 months of the season. Since then, he’s improved dramatically which everyone on here has noticed. Hell, I had become just as comfortable with Straw at the plate in a crunch as Altuve, Correa or anyone else. I think for some he’s become a quite fan favorite for what he overcome. How he had improved. I think that’s what you are seeing from some posters.

That was hyperbole. He’s not Cedeno; he’s a minor league callup potentially thrust into a starting CF position on a pennant contending team with a narrower window for championships than when we could indulge developmental projects. I hope he’s as good as those who are familiar with him say he is.

Shocking if those who have seen him play know more than those who have not.

1 Like

Yep, not every day for sure. Hyperbole is my middle name. There has been some acknowledgment of his improvement followed by a “but” usually. All of a sudden, today he is a critical piece of the puzzle we cannot afford to lose.

I have seen him play at Round Rock and I like him A LOT.

I’m no scout of course but he plays some very solid, fundamental defense in the OF, he’s pretty fast and he has gap-to-gap power. I thought he was going to get traded because of the OF logjam blocking him in Houston so I’m happy to see him get a chance to prove himself at the next level.

3 Likes

Thanks Jim.

I am changing my mind.

I just read the quote by Click and feel better.

Both Straw and Toro were traded at their max value. And the returns were good.

This is the team we have, for better or worse.

We have had much much worse teams in the past.

Click is a very smart man who knows much more than me about building a baseball team.

He is paid to make these decisions let’s see how it works.

1 Like

I saw Chas play in RR quite a bit in 2019. I think he is solid anywhere in the OF. I do not think he will take bad routes and will not need Straw’s exceptional speed to make up for initial mistakes. His offense could be better, I think. He swings and misses too much.

1 Like

95% of hitters in the game today swing and miss too much.

1 Like

The beer must have been good. Excellent recovery from the abyss.

Not the first time, lol.

I love the Astros and sometimes react with emotion.

1 Like

Meyers on road: .377 .451 .692 1.142

Meyers at home: 295 .344 .464 .808

Still good, and defense plays everywhere.

He not only played better defense than Willie Mays, he made me feel like a valuable person, and he cured my psoriasis.

5 Likes

Stolen bases are significantly less important to the game than 5 years ago.

Straw is a dinosaur mo matter how much I like him.

I was looking at it wrong.

I was looking at losing the CF without getting a replacement.

We got a replacement - just from AAA

And Jake Meyers’ overall abilities make him a more valuable all around player.

Some of this controversy centers on Click’s personnel decisions compared to Luhnow’s, and whether the same standard can be maintained. Is there the same level of confidence in Click’s trade deadline maneuverings?

What controversy?

Click has done a great job as far as I’m concerned.

2 Likes

From whom, us? Who cares?

2 Likes

Good grief…it’s clear to me Click was told to improve the team the best he could, but without going over the threshold save special circumstances. If you believe this to be true as I do then Click gets a fucking gold star for his deadline work.

1 Like

Click was great this deadline. No controversy here.

1 Like

Click seems every bit as good as Luhnow, minus the drama Luhnow invited over his whole career.

5 Likes