Trade Deadline Possibilities 2021

I’m not familiar enough with the database to pull that info.

Edit: Figured it out… his spin rates have actually increased about 100 RPM since the crack down.

1 Like

I wonder how much input Strom had in the trades. Did he give Click a list of guys that he really thought he could improve and Click worked off that list?

I have no doubt he was very involved.

1 Like

I bet they gave Strom a list of guys they were looking at and asked his opinion on each one

At this point why would you not trust the Stros?

Was going to ask you about “baggage” from the quote below, but I believe you just answered it. Tks.

Chas brings energy to the plate and in the field.

Straw did an admirable job righting the Ship. I felt he was leashed to 1B too often once he got on base.

(I wrote a similar post earlier by my signal was failing, sorry if duplicated)

1 Like

Agree he should have run more. I also thought he should have bunted more.Getting up to .270 was a reward for his changing his approach at the plate.

1 Like

I said Straw would hit .280 by the end of the season, so you weren’t alone. Of course I also admitted I didn’t know what I was talking about.

2 Likes

Oh, yeah, like that separates you from the rest of us.

3 Likes

Yeah, you were bolder than I was saying .280. I thought he could play, but his approach at the plate would determine how well he would hit.

Myles Straw has never caught a trout

1 Like

Gotta luv these posts…

Plain Dealer is excited about Straw

…The Indians have been pursuing Straw, 26, over the last year…

There is more…

I’m glad he’s going somewhere where he’s wanted.

So I saw an update on Cole Hamels: the Dodgers signed him for $1MM, and he’s out for the rest of the year before ever throwing a single pitch. It’s a good gig, if you can get it.

4 Likes

Went on the 60 day IL I read. Was that after throwing one bullpen or did he throw at all?

I read that he had pain throwing a simulated game, so he’s been throwing at least some. But never got close to being game ready, I guess.

1 Like

Surely that was not guaranteed money?

I would bet the $1mil was guaranteed and the rest was based on his roster status and pitching.