Trade Deadline 2024

If JV comes back effective, you can see a rotation with him, Brown, Framber, and Blanco able to keep you competitive in the postseason. They need guys to just help them get there.

2 Likes

Until the whole deal is announced I’m not convinced it’s Bloss for Kikuchi straight up. Weird trade. I don’t know.

1 Like

I’m hoping we get a low A prospect back as well but not holding my breath.

Also like that Kikuchi is left handed.

2 Likes

That was a favorite trade structure under Luhnow & Click, and really makes a lot of sense here. We’ll see.

1 Like

The Athletic’s story says Bloss + “two prospects” for Kukuchi:

I always looked forward to the Astros facing Kikuchi

3 Likes

This is exactly what Brown said the other day when he was on the broadcast. They can teach people with a decent arm how to pitch. It’s a lot harder to teach someone to be a plus hitter.

Well BuWeb saying two more prospects included from us to Jays. Fuck me, that’s a lot depending on who they are.

1 Like

McTaggert just posted that in his last 8 starts he is 0-4 with. 7.75 ERA and a 1.57 WHIP. Oof…

Hopefully we work our pitching magic!!

Yeah, I don’t really care who they are, if we gave up 2 more that’s steep for this move. But again, we don’t have talent to get much better unless you are giving up Loperfido or Arrighetti. Sellers market.

That’s part of Rosenthal’s report at The Athletic and a big reason I suspect Kikuchi isn’t the only piece—and maybe not even the main piece—coming back.

Or I’m stupid.

I hope I’m picking up what you’re putting down?!?

I’m just saying “Bloss plus two prospects” doesn’t sound like the kind of return for two months of an underperforming LHP, and if the two prospects are any good, starts to sound like a return for another guy on Toronto’s roster.

Again, I could just be stupid.

3 Likes

Bloss was already an overpay, if they gave up two more prospects for just Kikuchi… that will highly disappointing

2 Likes

I don’t see anyone else on roster that fits that wouldn’t have been a big enough name to be reported. I wonder if they are taking Montero and his salary back as part of the deal.

That would make some sense

Jesus.

It’s pretty odd that we haven’t gotten an announcement for a deal that was “done” an hour ago. Something might be still being worked out

1 Like

Yes, it is puzzling. But Rome just posted about 20 minutes ago in a response to someone that it is definitely 2 more prospects going the other way.

I’m guessing they are having an issue notifying everyone???

Could need ownership approval in Toronto if they’re eating Montero’s contract. Still. The longer this goes the more I’m going to indulge my wildest theories/fantasies.