Trade Deadline 2024

Starting to think the Astros end up with Yandy Diaz after the dust clears.

Wouldn’t mind that one bit.

2 Likes

Same here.

2 Likes

I’m starting to think what I have thought all along…we will get whatever pieces we can get (that are left) from those teams desperate to sell what they want to sell as the deadline wanes in final hours. Prices are too high and we don’t have the capital to play at these levels. But at the end of the deadline, there will be teams that will be willing to unload some of their players for much lower prices or be left getting nothing for said players.

2 Likes

Más Cubanos. Todos los Cubanos.

6 Likes

Miami is releasing Josh Bell. Wouldn’t expect the Astros to be interested in a Miami castoff, but he’s out there.

https://x.com/ByRobertMurray/status/1817628026391388426

Cubs just acquired Paredes from the Rays.

Assholes.

I’ll take another Y.Diaz then

When you look at their stats, Bell and Singleton aren’t far apart. What I like about Bell is that he’s a switch hitter and he strikes out less. Not sure he’s that much of an upgrade.

Wow. Didn’t see the Cubs as “buyers,” but when you’re buying a guy with three more years of control you’re obviously thinking beyond the current season.

Haven’t seen the full deal reported, but it’s apparently Christopher Morel and two prospects heading to Tampa. Morel seems like a very Rays player.

ETA: the package is Morel, reliever Hunter Bigge (a recent callup), and pitching prospect Ty Johnson (unranked on BA’s Cubs top 30). Wow.

https://x.com/sahadevsharma/status/1817634579001250110

Hunter Bigge and Ty Johnson are the other two players in the Cubs/Rays deal. Doesn’t seem real steep to me. Would loved to have had Paredes but with limited trade assets available, I imagine we are trying to secure pitching first.

Oh man. I really like Morel. Surprised by that move a little.

What I’ve read is surprised the Rays didn’t get more.

1 Like

I did as well until my fantasy team got a hold of him and I then realized how terrible he’s been this season.

And Paredes’ value just took a big hit for me now that he’ll be playing half his games at Wrigley.

He seemed like a fun guy.

5 Likes

booooooooooooo

1 Like

It must suck to get traded away from a team trying to make a run. He’s been having a pretty decent season.

My “friend” is saying the Rays wanted Hunter Brown in a deal for Paredes which is why he’s a Cub now.

I want to be an MLB player, haven’t gotten a call back yet