Trade Deadline 2024

Morosi tweeted that they have been talking about him with the Tigers

Right. Then Schwab tweets that he heard Stros weren’t interested bc of injury concerns.

I love Flaherty, but we don’t need a pitcher that has an injury history IMO. Especially one that is a rental unless the cost is low.

2 Likes

This time of year disinformation is everywhere. Schwab throws a lot of stuff at the wall. Some of it is right, I don’t doubt that he has sources, but I don’t usually take what he says too seriously

4 Likes

Every leak has a reason.

3 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better myself re: Schwab

This pitch, this pitch right here.

That would be my pick. He’s got a live arm and if he benefited from the Astros magic pitching touch, could be an excellent addition.

I wouldn’t hate it if Tyler Anderson was brought aboard.

1 Like

Floribama man going to the Mets

In return for Rhylan Thomas.

So Ryne gets traded Rhylan. Can’t make this shit up

Flaherty has ace upside and has pitched like one this season similar to how he began his career in St. Louis. Other than Crochet, he has by far the highest ceiling of any starting pitcher potentially available, and, unlike Crochet, he isn’t facing a strict innings limit that could affect his postseason availability.

That’s a guy I want starting for me in October, as long as the price is right.

I like the idea of Errick Fedde with the White Sox. He has pitched very well this season and is under contract at 7.5M through next year.

1 Like

Yankees are reportedly finalizing a deal for Jazz Chisholm from the Marlins.

That may prove to be a volatile combination.

I’d say all that Jazz is better suited to Chicago.

3 Likes

Or Utah

1 Like

Carlos Estevez goes to the Phillies from the Angels

grrrr…

1 Like

I thought he was in the california penal league.

4 Likes

So, the Red Sox traded for Danny Jansen today. Jansen, of course, has been a Blue Jay. The Red Sox and Blue Jays had a game suspended earlier this season that has not been completed yet. Jansen was in the middle of an AB for the Blue Jays when the game was stopped.

Meaning, he could not only play in the same game for two different teams, but be the catcher for the AB that he started as the hitter. I fucking love baseball.

Apparently no player has ever appeared in the same game for both teams in the history of baseball.

13 Likes

Rays continue to sell

Full trade: The San Diego Padres are acquiring reliever Jason Adam from the Tampa Bay Rays for right-handed Dylan Lesko, outfielder Homer Bush Jr. and a third prospect, sources tell ESPN.

• Passan