Trade Deadline 2024

Bloss straight up is an overpay I can accept. Loperfido straight up is an overpay I can almost accept. Both and still another guy? No. Fucking no. Fuck off with that.

3 Likes

Then fire his ass too.

But I’m still holding out hope. Just a fool’s hope.

That is way too much for Kikuchi-koo. He better pitch lights fucking out!!

There is an article up on The Athletic that talks really highly of him, but his career ERA is 4.72.

Where is James Click when we need him.

3 Likes

I understand the anger, but good luck firing the guy that owns the team.

Click is working for the Blue Jays….

4 Likes

Why would Jim Crane give a fuck about Kikuchi. This isn’t JV or Greinke, a guy with a big name. I wouldn’t be shocked if Crane barely knows who he is.

3 Likes

What were the Tigers asking for Flaherty?

Make no mistake, I’m not defending this proposed trade. But, Jim Crane wants to win every year. He’s not exactly the type of owner that values mid-level prospects. He probably told Brown to get a starting pitcher at the deadline, and despite Brown telling him the exorbitant prices of the names available, Crane insisted.

Altuve, Alvarez, Bregman, and Brown

1 Like

I’m glad they didn’t run that offer by Brown

3 Likes

If you don’t go get a starting pitcher, you’re throwing in the towel on this year.

4 Likes

Glass half full…at least we kept Melton (not sure what I think about him but know Brown loves him), Dezenzo and Matthews.

If this is somehow the deal, I guess we know what the front office actually thinks of their prospects. Jesus.

(this is to say that they think these guys are dogshit compared to what others think of them)

So, does Leon get called up with Loperfido gone??

Absolutely.

2 Likes

I agree with you. At a minimum, the Astros had to get a league average type arm that can eat innings and not tax the Astros’ bullpen every five days. Kikuchi gives them that. The reported price is just too steep for only a rental starter of Kikuchi’s caliber.

If it was someone like Bassitt with more control, or the Astros get additional assets in return, it would be more palatable.

4 Likes

The big thing you said earlier, this didn’t have to heppen NOW. We have 19 hours before the deadline. Nobody and I mean NOBODY was lining up to pay that price for Kikuchi. This deal, or a better version would be available at 4 tomorrow

3 Likes

I agree. I’m trying to make sense of what’s being reported like everyone else, but it doesn’t make sense. However, the Astros have not confirmed this is the official deal.

2 Likes

4.75 ERA. I’m sure they have a plan to optimize him, he’s a talented pitcher, but this is a rental move for a guy with a 4.75 ERA.

1 Like

I can’t wait to see what Flaherty goes for.

1 Like