Trade Deadline 2023

And the return on Musgrove was undeniably high.

2 Likes

Hader is the only mistake on the outgoing side in that time.

3 Likes

Thank you. This is the perspective that matters.

1 Like

Maldy texted this response to JV

https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/1686478702010388480?s=46&t=G2UA3wFRzGnkjCpf41ehhw

2 Likes

Currently neither prospect helps us. Verlander has helped us and should strengthen the team. He’s also cheaper than last year, now and into the future than last year I believe, for what counts towards salary cap.
Future: we have him next year and possibly the following year, God willing. We lost 2 prized prospects, but come next year we also get 2 starters back, another God willing. Essentially we could have 7 starters on the roster.
I think we are very much in the driver’s seat and looking very prosperous now and into the immediate future.

1 Like

An interesting post from Twitter: https://twitter.com/Astros_Arsenal/status/1686485425207013376

MLB Network just dropped some numbers.

573 prospects were traded from ‘13-‘22.

62 prospects became contributors (10.8%).

17 prospects became impact players (3.0%).

29% of the prospects traded from 2013-18 never played a day in the Big Leagues.

5 Likes

I do not think God gives a damn about baseball.

1 Like

Doesn’t the Bible start with “In the big inning…”?

10 Likes

Oh, it goes much deeper than that:

Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can’t hit a curve ball?

1 Like

Hahahaha! This “God willing” stuff slays me. So if He is not willing, everything about the Astros goes to Hell? Literally.

Lucas Giolito’s first Angels start is, uh, not going to plan. 8 runs allowed in 3⅔ innings. Actually, make that 9, Olson just went deep

I’m an idiot, it’s his second start for the Angels. Still, now has given up 12 runs in 8⅔ through 2 starts

It is a commonly used reference, to all parts working. Anything can happen in long seasons.

I prefer “good lord willing and the creek don’t rise”

3 Likes

I prefer writing like English isn’t my 4th language and not I’m suffering from a 104 degree fever.

6 Likes

I’ll have to consult the MLA Handbook

Like your preference.

One of the dumbest team trade evaluations I’ve read in my life. The win window is now; there’s no guarantee either traded player has an impact during the near term when we need that for the team. Also, the alternative the author is proposing assumes that identical trade occurs in December. It won’t

2 Likes

Also, when outlining how bad offense has been he neglects to take into account the games missed by Altuve and Alvarez.

2 Likes

Pointing out isolated hitting deficits at catcher and 1b is just lazy journalism

1 Like