Trade Deadline 2022

We just spent all night in the gz and you slackers on this thread haven’t even made a trade yet?

According to a new report, the Cardinals are showing some interest in Jake Odorizzi.

He makes a lot of sense for them.

Just don’t expect much of a return unless he’s in a package.

FWIW, Jim Bowden says Astros are pushing hard this morning to close for Bell and that Houston is also in on Contreras. I still don’t understand the talk about Houston and Contreras but I guess if you don’t get Bell, he could DH when not catching if Alvarez has to play left.

“has to play left???”

Alvarez is a good OFer.

1 Like

Absolutely he is. He is a way better player in the field than people give him credit for. “Has to play left” was a veiled reference to the possibility of Brantley’s injury being more long term or season ending. Which of course we all hope it isn’t.

Ok, I misunderstood your implication. My bad.

Not a problem. I’m superstitious and hate typing some things out loud….

3 Likes

If the Astros get Bell, is there a reasonable chance that he can be extended?

That would be my plan if I traded for him. He’s a native Texan from Irving so perhaps that might give you some edge but I’m sure it’ll be about the dollars. I love Yuli, but I’m not bringing him back unless it is very club friendly.

Signed instead of using his scholarship to UT.

put one foot in front of the other…

loving the Astros were tough at times. Sometimes you have to grin and bear it, no matter the pain.

reminds me of a kid living in the Netherlands. Came out of movie with brother and friend. Snowed while in movie. 11 dutch kids started throwing snowballs at us. As boys will be boys, we threw them back. They never hit us, but we couldn’t miss. We were used to litttle league. they don’t typically play baseball. Told my team they couldn’t hit the broadside of a BARN.

This team has several options for closer. This may be heresy, but I would at least see what Pressly would bring in return. This has nothing to do with last night’s result.

1 Like

my preference is no trade of him. No one is perfect, but one.

I mean I love Alvarez as much as anyone but perfect? I wouldn’t go quite that far.

3 Likes

Did you read what I said??? My comment has NOTHING TO DO with a blown save.

Are you saying Jesus Christ couldn’t hit a curveball?

1 Like

trading our closer. You just don’r like me, which is cool. I like presley. Could be wrong also, and you may be right. Stranger things have happened.