Trade Deadline 2022

I will take your word for that as I have no reason to believe that you would lie. I just think it’s disingenuous to be shocked when people read between the lines and put 2 and 2 together. If anyone else had said what you said, I could easily see, and have seen, you say something to the effect of, thats not happening so why discuss it?

Surely, this is not a wild position for me to have.

You said you were through, Doyce. Ignore me, and move on. I am done with you for the time being.

2 Likes

One difference was that Detroit was 47-57 and 10 games back in the division while Houston is 67-36 with a 12 game lead in the division. One team was looking at a rebuild while the other has Championship aspirations.

Sweet Lord, pedantry and certainty are no way to go through life.

Maybe we could all do a better job of thinking, listening, reading, and communicating for Terry Puhl sake.

It is a crazy time, this 2022. Probably should find ways here to stick together versus this snidlet suburbia shitshow of internet super fans who believe their own points to be universally better than the collective.

Life is short, and we love the Stros, this should be enough.

5 Likes

Jim just needs to cool off sometimes. This is the second time this year after a Pressly blown save that he has suggested something along the lines of trading/fielding trade offers for Pressly. No reason to hurl insults every time someone disagrees either. We all love the Astros and want them to do what is best for the team.

2 Likes

So Odorizzi has a $6.5MM player option for next season but it can be bought out for $3.25MM. But as noted in the article below it bumps up to $12.5MM and $6.25MM respectively if he pitches in 30 games in which he records 12 or more outs in 2021-22. With today’s game the Chron notes he’s now pitched in 29 such games.

That makes his potential effective cost to an acquiring team $9MM (remaining $2.67MM salary for this season plus the cost of the buyout). Of course the Astros could always send cash in any deal. And if he’s not dealt the team will have an interesting decision to make this offseason. One that would have been a foregone conclusion earlier (and still might be).

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/astros/article/Astros-Jake-Odorizzi-center-field-trade-deadline-17341909.php

sorry, just what I read. I appologize if I got it wrong.

From Rosenthal:

Bell, a native of Irving, Texas, a suburb of Dallas, told me over the weekend that he wouldn’t mind a trade to Houston. Bell and his wife, Lia, welcomed their first child, a daughter named Noa, in December. Houston is about a 3 1/2-hour drive from Dallas, and Bell’s parents would be in a better position to help with the baby if he spent the final few months of the season with the Astros. He is a potential free agent.

life is simple, keep it simple.

Also from Rosenthal…

Astros considering Ji-man Choi as a 1B alternative to Bell.

And one source says they’re looking more at Christian Vazquez at catcher rather than Willson Contreras.

I just want it on the record that I wasn’t the cause or involved in that little fracas

1 Like

Was this post necessary?

Bell, please, not Choi. We have to be able to extend him too.

2 Likes

haven.t folllowed other players as much lately. I think we are good with all men healthy. I can go get a bat though.

Come on, that was kind of funny.

2 Likes

Yankees pick up reliever Scott Effross from the Cubs.

Edit that was fast

Edit 2 Brewers get the Padres closer in return, Lamet has been bad this year but has been good before as a starter

Makes no sense to me.

I haven’t followed the Padres closely, but it seems like they’re far more than a closer away from relevance.

The Padres general manager loves to trade almost as much as Jerry DiPoto, and from the Brewers perspective, they must be comfortable with a combination of Rogers and Devin Williams depending on matchups while liking the extra pieces they received.