Trade Deadline 2022

It would behoove any front office to listen to any offer. Going outside of the sport, but I am sure the Miami Dolphins did not want to trade their prize LT Laremy Tunsil, but the Texans made an insane offer. You never know what motivates other teams.

It sounds like Jim Crane has given Click the green light to be aggressive at the deadline and I am good with that.

1 Like

You get pissed off if someone disagrees with you.

A good GM, listens to offers on EVERY SINGLE PLAYER, including Alvarez.

Listening doesn’t mean you have to do anything.

2 Likes

Its one thing to listen to offers and another to put out there that you are “listening to offers”

Putting out feelers, or making it know that you’re listenening, or seeing what you could get, is effectively putting him on the block.

The Angels put out that they are listening with Ohtani, will he be traded? Maybe, maybe not but now it’s known he could be had.

What kind of message would that send to the clubhouse? This is not Odo, this is a closer who has pitched for this team in 2 different WS. A key piece, not some 6th starter

1 Like

Maybe we should see what we could get for Verlander and Altuve while we are listening to offers.

This thread should be banished to Jr. High.

Jim’s point was that Presley probably has very high value on the trade market and is likely more replaceable than a first glance might reveal. With 7 starters and at least three high quality short relievers, there should be plenty of options in high leverage situations. And the difference between a bullpen with and without Presley might be much less than (for instance) an outfield with or without Soto. It is worth thinking about and evaluating in the context of what another team might be willing to offer.

6 Likes

Doubling down on dumb with that one.

1 Like

If you can get the Nats to give us Soto for Pressly I’m on board

3 Likes

I thought we were listening to offers on everyone?

Total bullshit. You are smarter than this. No one ever knows what Click is doing; do you know what offers he is listening to? If you do, tell us.

Your post is beneath you. I am beyond surprised. This is professional baseball, not high school. Every player on every team knows he is subject to be traded unless he has a no trade clause or is a 5 and 10 player.

The Tigers listened to offers and traded Verlander. Did that damage his psyche? A responsible GM will both listen to offers on any player AND will keep his mouth shut about what he is doing. Just like Luhnow did and like Click is doing.

3 Likes

I read it that way too.

You’ve rephrased it, but that’s almost exactly what Coach wrote. Which is hopefully why I read it that way.

3 Likes

If you or @D.WARD are old enough to have children, ask one of them to help you with reading comprehension.

This might help:

Fuck off. Don’t group me in with him. I respect Jim but he brought up, with no prior discussion the prospect of guaging interest in Pressly the day after a blown save, the first blown save since June 23rd by the way. In fact Pressly had not given up a run since that day either. By the exact words that he used, sure he wasn’t suggesting that we trade Pressly. But it was very much implied, otherwise why bring it up.

I’m done with this. I was actually already done with this before.

Edit one last word. Until my fuck off comment I have not said one disparaging word or been disrespectful in any way. I simply disagree with the idea that this has nothing to do with Saturday night. Nobody was talking about listening to offers for Pressly before that night. We are today, aren’t we, what changed?

1 Like

Hahaha, I haven’t listened to that in almost 50 years.

We’re going to be gutting this out until 4:59 on Tuesday, aren’t we…

I wasn’t the one who suggested listening to trade offers for the whole team. Maybe you and Jim can talk things over and figure out what is best for the team at the old folks home.

I’m sure you smoke lots of medical marijuana.

I have been thinking about it the entire trade deadline period. I actually have thoughts I do not post here. I also do not require discussion with OWA people before I think about baseball.

If you think I was lying about my comments had nothing to do with blown saves, you can go jump in the nearest lake. I think that is what “I do not believe…” means.

2 Likes

I will take your word for that as I have no reason to believe that you would lie. I just think it’s disingenuous to be shocked when people read between the lines and put 2 and 2 together. If anyone else had said what you said, I could easily see, and have seen, you say something to the effect of, thats not happening so why discuss it?

Surely, this is not a wild position for me to have.