Tigers @ Astros, April 5, 2023

https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/1643627185616420866

Let’s play a good game today, boys.

What’s the definition of insanity again?

Right, the top of this order.

1 Like

I’d flip Pena and Bregman, but Dusty don’t ask me shit.

1 Like

CB Bucknor’s behind the dish today, so there’s that

Javier had a quick 9 pitch 1st.

Stros went 5-3, F8, Yordan single, 5-3

Javier has a quick 8 pitch 2nd.

Tucker rung up on a perfect 3-2 down and out FB. Too close to take.
Hensley rips a single into LF
Chas gets a middle-in 92mph sinker 1-2 and is all over it, 368 ft HR to LCF. Woohoo!

Fun Fact: Chas has 29 HR in his career, that was his 4th to LF, per the booth

Julks made an out somehow
Salazar grounds out 3-U

2-0 Stros after 2

3 Likes

Dusty gave Miggy a bottle of wine. I thought he didn’t drink anymore. I know he had to deal with issues in the past. Anyway, seems weird.

Hensley 2 run HR

1 Like

Anyone else here today?

Fixed it for you

1 Like

Yeah I meant McCormick.

2 on for Astros killa Vierling

Crisis averted. 2-1 Astros

I thought you wrote Adstros on purpose as a sort of wry commentary on new uniform developments.

2 Likes

K, single, SB, 3-U (runner to 3rd), IF hit plates a run. Fucking smallball.

Bloop hit puts runners on the corners with 2 out, Greene steals 2nd, and newly-minted Astro-Killer Vierling flies out down the line in RF.

2-1 Stros

41 pitches through 3 for Javier.

Bucknor just screwed Bregman on 2 straight outside pitches to open the AB, the first really noticeable dipshittery so far.

Pena and Bregman both hit it well but lineout to RF and LF, respectively. Yordan pops a lazy fly to LF, is visibly mad at himself, inning over.

2-1 Stros after 3

If the league had the power to cut the bottom 20-30 percent of the umpires then this whole robo zone shit would go away.

1 Like

Sorry my PBP is a bit lacking, but I’m doing stuff while watching…if anyone wants to take over feel free.

The second ‘strike’ to Bregman was at least ten inches off the plate, no exaggeration.

2 Likes

Abreu just hit one 400+ feet just left of dead center and it’s caught at the wall…Tucker turns on one and hits it 50 feet shorter for a HR down the line to RF

eta: 71 feet shorter per the booth