Tigers @ Astros, April 5, 2023

Chas gets back to his RF ways and he drills a down and out changeup to the gap in RCF for a rulebook 2B

2nd & 3rd, 1 out, Julks up, infield in (Hensley walked before the Chas 2B)…nice job getting a SF RBI to LF on an 0-2 count.

Salazar makes an out (looks like we should get used to this)

4-1 Stros after 4

1 Like

Like real estate, location, location, location

1 Like

Pena did absolutely nothing to avoid that tag at all. Complete and total situational unawareness cost him a hit.

Dumbass.

2 Likes

Pena just broke an 0-18 slump with an IF hit…

except he’s out on replay, got a blindass swipe tag on the wrist by the 1B

E-Rod out after Abreu 1B. 2 on 2 out for Tucker.

Abreu is such a good hitter.

Side note: Hensley and McCormick should clearly be the starters at center and second. They should start 5 out of every 6 games. Period.

4 Likes

McCormick never should have been on the bench for the first two games of the season. Meyers should have to earn additional playing time after his 2022 campaign.

4 Likes

Javier done after 6 (99 pitches): 5 singles, no BB, 5 K 1 R

OK bullpen, let’s do some last year things.

Fun Fact #2: Chas’s HR was the first in 168 ABs by Astros RHH this year

“fun”

1 Like

I have been watching a shitload of baseball by the way and have yet to see another team wearing an ad.

1 Like

Big Fun.

I’ve paid no attention to them, but the OXY ads are strikingly obvious.

If they were a consumer-based company you know they would have rebranded by now, because of the implications.

eta: Rangers and O’s don’t have anything but a little nike swoosh on the front right upper chest area, don’t know if those have always been there or not

There are fun facts and there are fun facts

1 Like

For fuck’s sake, Abreu.

Get it at least close to the plate.

Much needed double play

And a much needed lead off double.

I had noticed the Kroger patch on Cincinnati.

1 Like

Nice to see Pena hit the ball hard a couple of times today.

Bregman was totally oblivious to the wide throw at 1B, that’s 2 today

Baez gidp to end the inning and stays in as “defensive” replacement. Baez error allows Bregman to reach. Oh, the irony!