The Void: 2022-23 Offseason

Yeah, it just seems like Vazquez isn’t a likely fit for next year unless he’s willing to alter his role.

Correa has opted for free agency. Where’s my fainting couch?

1 Like

Very glad we don’t have to go through what we did last offseason with him.

2 Likes

I do not believe I have seen this yet.

1 Like

Altuve tweaked his groin [insert Allie joke here] so neither he nor Bregman would’ve been available for a Game #7.

Saw something on MLB Network the other night with their “too early predictions” for 2023. The talking head predicted Cristian Javier to win the 2023 AL Cy Young award, but the Mariners to win the AL West and the 2023 World Series.

It has been, for me, a smooth transition from fake hate to real hate with the Mariners.

4 Likes

They’ll never learn

3 Likes

I hope the pundits and purported experts continue to doubt the Astros.

The Mariners are most likely going to be really good next year and they will probably be really good for a while. I’m not trying to tell you they’ll be better than the Astros, but they’ll be damn good.

4 Likes

That was pretty much his point. They won’t need much to challenge the Astros as the best team in the AL, and he thinks they’ll get over the hump. They might go out and lose 80 games, but I’ll be surprised if they’re not closer to the top next year than they were this.

If Javier’s winning the Cy then I have a hard time seeing us losing the division

3 Likes

More Free Agent guessing…

Rizzo opted out.

Of all the free agents out there, Rizzo is one I’d consider. I love Yuli, but I fear that he may be at the point where a steep decline is likely.

Yeah, like during the postseason.

If his time here is done then I salute him and look forward to his induction into the team’s HoF.

1 Like

His defense will be sorely missed.

4 Likes

1000%. I really didn’t give a damn about losing Yuli’s bat heading into game 6. It was his lost defense, with Framber on the mound especially, that had me a little worried.

1 Like