The Ukraine Invasion

Putin has mellowed and lost his edge from the KGB days of feeding traitors into a crematorium.

Less expensive than polonium, and he can wink and say “suicide”?

Throwing someone out of a window still has that creepy knowing your dead before you’re actually dead vibe to it, though.

This genuinely made me laugh out loud.

Here’s the tweet Liam was responding to:

That’s funny.

As someone with sciatica and a bad back, I feel it though. That’s me all the time.

1 Like

Sorry man. Wouldn’t wish that on anyone…except Putin.

1 Like

This makes my blood boil:
Putin’s Culturecide

Disgusting for sure. Soviets did the same thing a century ago.

Tim Snyder gives a convincing argument that Putin is committing genocide. Trying to erase a people’s culture is a component of the legal definition.

He’s also committing genocide against Russian minority groups by sending them into the meat grinder.

1 Like

Some of the replies/comments in that twitter feed for that post spewing whataboutism for past Ukrainian actions against the russkies were ridiculous.

Even a mediocre student of Russian history, which I decidedly am, knows Putin is nothing new.

2 Likes

The Death of Stalin is a pretty great movie

3 Likes

Agreed. And, as ridiculous and comical a depiction of events that is portrayed by the movie, it’s pretty much accurate.

That’s what makes it so good

1 Like

That is easily one of the very best films of the last twenty years. Have only watched it about fifteen times.

1 Like

Biden visits Ukraine. The White House informed the Russians at take-off of Biden’s visit for “deconfliction purposes”. In other words, Putin was told to “stand the fuck down”, and he did. This is humiliating for Putin with photo-ops everywhere and Biden even meeting with Orthodox leaders.

2 Likes

Not sure the last time a President visited an active war zone. There were visits to Iraq/Afghanistan, but they were essentially troop visits and the POTUSes (POTii?) never left the heavily defended US bases.

Biden strolled through the open streets and squares of Kyiv - which are subject to daily Russian rocket attacks - side-by-side with Zelensyy. That’s as big a “fuck you” as you could imagine to Putin. It’s also amazing footage for re-election campaign ads.

1 Like

Also, contrast the above with Putin. who is hiding from his own people, making his generals sit at the other end of a huge table and sneaking around in his secret train.

1 Like

That was a massive “Joe the Bat” move.

Biden’s always been a foreign policy guy, and I’m sure the communique was worded differently, but the crystal clear message was: “I’m heading to Kyiv. That’s right K-Y-I-V , motherfucker! DO NOT FUCK WITH ME.”

1 Like

I can’t wait to hear how the right-wing media will spin this.

Suck it, uncle vlad.

1 Like